Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies please send prayers/good thoughts/juju or whatever you do this way **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies. I just wanted to ask for prayer or good thoughts for my family. I found out about an hour ago that my Mom may have bone cancer. I don't know much about it but i've heard that you can't really come back from it. If anyone has any information on it please let me know. I'm absolutely devistated and have been in tears all morning, my Mother is my best friend and always has been. My kids adore her so i'm doing my best not to let them see me crying because I don't want them to know anything is wrong with "Maw" until we know for sure. Long story short, she had a total knee replacement about 7 years ago and over the past 6 months the back of that knee has swollen very large and no dr will touch her because they didn't perform the replacement and the dr that did do it is now retired. She brought it up to our family dr and he laughed at her and told her she was just "getting old". Her blood counts are also dangerously low and she is always extremely tired and just has no energy. She goes to a pain center for her back and they are the only one who have taken her complaints seriously and told her that all her symptoms (plus a few other reasons) she may have bone cancer. So she has an appointment at a cancer center near our home next week that i'm going with her too and i'm just praying its something other than cancer. I thank you ladies in advance.

This has really just turned into a horrible week for us.

**UPDATE**

We still won't know anything until after the 18th of June but I talked with her this morning and had all hope completely crushed. She very firmly told me that if it does turn out to be the nasty word "cancer" that she is not even going to put up a fight. She's giving up! She said that she will take the time with her grandbabies to make sure they know how much she loves them but that's it. HOW DO I HANDLE THIS? WHAT DO I SAY TO HER TO GET HER TO FIGHT FOR HER LIFE? I'm still praying it's something else other than cancer but if it is I will definately be saying goodbye to her because she doesn't even want to fight to live. I am completely crushed right now, I know she's going through alot of stress but that is no reason to give up.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Replies (11-18):
Birdie100
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM

My prayers are with  you and your family...

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jun. 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Hugs...... 

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Sending prayers your way.

family in the van   Mom of four

Momof2almost
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM

:-)

CafeMom Tickers

Momof2almost
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM

sad 

CafeMom Tickers

LadyBear1
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM

My prayers are with you and your family.  Cancer is a very hard thing to deal with and apparently she has made her choice.  And sometimes bone cancer is untreatable honestly.  I will be praying that it is something else that is treatable.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM
:(. I would say support her and you may find it is just her first reaction amd she will turn around. It may just be her way of dealing. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLori
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Please just support your mothers decision. She may have already weighed her options and has chosen to live her life with as much joy and happiness that she can while she can. My husband passed away from cancer in 2008. His only regret was that he felt like he wasted the last few months of his life  either in a hospital or too sick from chemo to enjoy being home. He wished he would have just enjoyed watching that last baseball game or watching our kids blow out their birthday candles one more time. He missed all of that because he was in the hospital. Your Mom has probably already thought about everything and wants to enjoy what she has left. If it turns out that you do get bad news make sure you make the most of that time. Don't waste it by trying to change her mind. Have early birthday parties, have an early Christmas, take lots of photos and video. Just enjoy her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)