Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer Schedules

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi ladies! I have an almost 3 month old baby boy and 2 girls (7 and 5) and I usually work but I will be staying at home this summer with my girls. Neither of them will be going to camp this summer and I was wondering if you had any suggestions about what to do with them every day to keep them occupied during the day.
I'm signing them up for a reading program at the library on Wednesdays but that is all I have now. Thanks in advance! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ganna04
by Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I would suggest pool, art, crafts, museums, zoo, scavenger hunts, play dates, summer cooking fun... I keep thinking about it myself.
momma2bubbas
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Look in to Moms Club International--local chapters all over!

Playdates, park, beach..............museum days......water parks...

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Quoting ganna04:

I would suggest pool, art, crafts, museums, zoo, scavenger hunts, play dates, summer cooking fun... I keep thinking about it myself.

family in the van   Mom of four

boysmom1209
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I would look for a local moms group. I used to belong to one in my area when my kids were really young. They scheduled a 2-3 hour playdate once a week. 2 child and mom outings per month and 2 moms night out evenings per month. If you live in a city with rec centers (or close to a city with rec centers) check the local town website. There are probably swim classes, gymnastic classes and/or arts and craft classes and being they go through the city they usually aren't terribly overpriced. Hope that helps.

Nadali
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Thanks ladies! I have a zoo membership do we will probably do that once a week :) It seems like I will be having one exhausting summer, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)