Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What do you pack for lunches?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi all,

My 5 Yo DD is starting kindergarten this year, I am kind of at a loss as to what to pack for her lunches.

She doesn't like lunch meat, and no peanut butter is allowed so no pb&j's.

She also doesn't like celery or carrot sticks, but just about every other fruit and veggie she loves.

I really want to try and keep it healthy, any ideas?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM
My kids love egg salad, tuna fish. Sometimes just a bagel with cream cheese is all they want. Sometimes they take leftovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Sunbutter is a peanut and tree nut free alternative to pb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FutureSoccerM0m
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Most days they get school lunch and other days I pack a sandwich (ham, turkey or pastrami and cheese or pb&J) also some fruit and chips, crackers or cookies.  Sorry I know I wasn't of any help.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

tuna fish, apples, bananas, string cheese, yogurt, crackers and cheese, ect. My kids usually take peanut butter and jelly

gracie0221
by Gracie on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM

my dd usually takes a pb&j, turkey sandwich, soup(when it's cold), chicken nuggets(from home) and leftovers like pasta. We do a fruit and crackers or cheese as a side. since she can't take PB for lunch, maybe making her just jelly sandwiches?

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

DD truthfully took a hot entree (soup , mac n cheese or mashed potatoes), a fruitable juice box and chips.  We found thermos funtainers which keep the food hot.  Pack her lunch full of veggies and fruits she likes as well as water to drink.  Ask for her input on what she would like to eat.

TroyboysMom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Sometimes DS would take pancakes and fruit, homemade corn dogs, cheese and crackers, chicken and broccoli salad, grilled cheese and apple sandwiches-there are tons of websites, and Pinterest could be a great help!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Ds2 doesn't like sandwiches or meat much, so I send yogurt and something to dip in it; b/c he's so picky, I send Cheez-Its, Goldfish, or pretzels. You could send apple slices or snap peas to dip instead.

Dd doesn't like peanut butter, so I'll be sending cheese sandwiches in addition to luncheon meat ones, and cheese quesadillas (she does like them cold).

Some kids like cream cheese and jelly. Tuna salad. Chicken salad. If she gets tired of sandwiches, make them into wraps. Lots of kids like cold leftover pizza.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Jess usually buys but when she brings I make mac and cheese and put it in a thermos.

LoveMyKBabies
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Usually I send a sandwich (pb&j or lunch meat), chips or goldfish, apple slices or an orange or a banana, cookies or a pudding cup & a small bottle of milk. But for a sandwich, you could send a sloppy joe, they taste good hot or cold, then send her a couple types of fruit & milk. The packages with individual cups of mandarin oranges are always good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN