Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Shy?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
  • 27 Replies

Are you shy? How about any of your kids?

I'm shy and I hate it! My kids only get shy in some occasions but not normally. I used to be so shy that I couldn't even call to order a pizza.... I've gotten better with that though but still consider myself extremely shy.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvcats406
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Yes,  am shy.  My husband is also, not as bad as me though.  The kids are also.  We are just one shy family.  I am not as bad as I used to be.  I notice as I get older I get better.

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I'm shy but have gotten better over the years.

When I was in high school, my single mom worked afternoons, so my sis and I ordered a lot of pizza. It took me a long time to call for pizza. I finally started to order it and then one time, the pizza guy on the other end of the phone told me the order before I could say it. I was so embarrassed. It was a long time before I would call again.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I am, but just a bit, and I can fake that I'm not. lol My husband used to be painfully shy, but outgrew it. My oldest son is on the autism spectrum and is super shy. Neither of my other two kids are shy at all.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I am shy and I hate it. Once I get to know you though I am pretty outgoing.

My sons aren't too shy but my dd is a little bit.

sunflowers12
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Aw, sure I can be shy at times manly when uncomfortable... I think it just deppends on the situation..
DesiMyPrincess
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

My daughter was extremely shy..She had to be tested for speech therapy but found shes too shy so she got accepted to early childhood in a public school near us..It did absolute amazing on her

I am a mommy of a princess who forward faces,drinks vit d milk,attends public school,has speech delay,loves spongebob n horses..Each child is unique and no child should be compared to another child..I <3 my princess

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I used to be really shy, but have gotten better. I have what I call "shyness attacks"- I feel super shy when having to make phone calls or sometimes in large groups.

Ds1 isn't really shy anymore; he was when younger, though.

Ds2 is my quiet one and a little on the shy side.

Dd is my social butterfly. She does have her shy moments when first in a new situation, but warms up quickly.

gcstar42
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I am not shy but I am not outgoing either if that makes sense lol. I am not afraid to talk to people or even to get on a stage in front of people as long as I know what to say or have a good topic to keep me going lol. But I am also not the kind of person that can just walk up to someone and randomly start talking about something. So I usually end up waiting until someone comes up to me with a conversation lol.But once I get going I will talk your ear off! My oldest child (my son) is not shy at all and is very outgoing and can talk to anyone. My 2nd child (oldest daughter) is super shy and will not talk to anyone if she does not know them very very well. My youngest daughter is kind of in between. She can be a little shy at first but it doesnt take her too long to warm up to people.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I've noticed I get better as I get older too but still consider myself extremely shy. I wish I could just snap out of it. If only it was that easy..

Quoting luvcats406:

Yes,  am shy.  My husband is also, not as bad as me though.  The kids are also.  We are just one shy family.  I am not as bad as I used to be.  I notice as I get older I get better.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I used to have to write down exactly what I was going to say whenever I made a phone call. ( obviously not to friends or family ) but for doc appts or ordering food etc. Things like my address and what I wanted on the pizza.  I would freeze up if I didn't have it written down. I don't have to do that now.... I can call normally but still prefer that my hubs calls it in.

Quoting Cindy18:

I'm shy but have gotten better over the years.

When I was in high school, my single mom worked afternoons, so my sis and I ordered a lot of pizza. It took me a long time to call for pizza. I finally started to order it and then one time, the pizza guy on the other end of the phone told me the order before I could say it. I was so embarrassed. It was a long time before I would call again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN