Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are you shy? How about any of your kids?

I'm shy and I hate it! My kids only get shy in some occasions but not normally. I used to be so shy that I couldn't even call to order a pizza.... I've gotten better with that though but still consider myself extremely shy.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (21-27):
robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I used to be super shy. I was even in counseling for it in school because they thought there was something wrong with me. I literally had anxiety attacks talking to new people but I have definitely gotten better. Of course once I'm comfortable with people I'm crazy lol

My son thankfully is no where near shy which I love!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I am and my son is. My girls are not

newmommy430
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Me too.

Quoting jen113000:

I've been told the same thing :(

Quoting mumsy2three:

I am the same way and unfortunately I've been told I come off as snobby/stuck up :(

It's something I am still trying to work on but I just have a really hard time with it.

Quoting jen113000:

Same here for me, I am very shy but if the person starts to talk to me I loosen up then I'm fine. But I can't just start a conversation with someone I don't know...

Quoting mumsy2three:

I am shy and I hate it. Once I get to know you though I am pretty outgoing.

My sons aren't too shy but my dd is a little bit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I was soooooooo shy that when I used to walk in hallway in high school and I see a group of people I would walk

another way.  I have out growth my shyness. I am not life of the party but I can talk to people. I admit I have moment that I become shy. My husband is super shy but once he gets to know you he will talk to you. It took him a year before he talked to my siblings. My son is people person.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I was growing up.  Especially when it came to meeting new people.  My kids were both shy around stranger's but I think going to school helped with that. Now both of my kids are social butterflies. Especially dd. That girl can talk your ear off.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I used to be but i have gotten better being married and haveing 2 kids.. our boys are not shy..
Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Yup I'm shy, my kids are not. I avoid talking to people on the phone, like the plague I make dh order pizza and stuff like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN