Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you ground your kids from?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 32 Replies

I ground them most often screen(computers, tv, ds, phone, etc anything with a screen on it) and paper(one is an artist).

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherguatmom
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Whatever they are holding at the highest value at the time a punishment is needed. It can be anything from not going to a friends house to play to not having his Itouch for a day.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Sometimes from screen time, and sometimes from hanging out with friends. He's very social, and he knows we're very serious if he's grounded from hanging out.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM

It depends on what the hot commodity is at that moment in time and what the crime was.  My boys have been looking forward to a quad ride later this evening for about a week now.  I threatened to ground the oldest son from going if he didn't get his attitude in check, he straightened up right quick because he doesn't want to miss the ride.

MonicaJP
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Everything pretty much.

IF they do something that warrants grounding. My youngest is 8 and has never been grounded.
My Middle is almost 15 and she has only been grounded to date for grades.
soontobemommie3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Screentime. All of it at once. Im mean. Or so im told. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM

depends, usually the tv, games system, if we had fun plans i might cancel those, when I had teenagers the car, going out with friends. It depends on what they did to earn the grounding and whats most important to them at the time. 

uriahadel
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Definately take away the tv and games for a few days, and when she is grounded, she has extra chores... I am the meanest mommy in the world haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything electronic.

My son loves to draw, but I allow that, as I see it as a positive and beneficial skill he is developing.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Yes, we will do situational groundings too.

Quoting steelcrazy:

It depends on what the hot commodity is at that moment in time and what the crime was.  My boys have been looking forward to a quad ride later this evening for about a week now.  I threatened to ground the oldest son from going if he didn't get his attitude in check, he straightened up right quick because he doesn't want to miss the ride.

kustomkidz
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Electronics, favorite toys, extra outings, desserts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)