Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Is your child fluent in another lanaguage

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 61 Replies

In this era I think it is important to be fluent in another language. . It is sad that I grow up influence by

Spanish people but I can only say a few things in Spanish.  I hope that my son will be fluent in another language.  It feel it will benefit him in his career.

Is your child  fluent in another language if so what does your child speak?

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crysjuls
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM
My 7yr ild knows little spanish, but both of my kids understand it well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Nope, no second languag here. She has a hard enough time with english.

LucyHarper
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

He is pretty fluent in Seneca, we live next to a reservation so its something most of our friends speak and my husband has been teaching him, his grandmother on his moms side and grandfather on his dads side are both Native American so we think its important that he learns his heritage. Our friend has taught him some African-Creole.

jaytee
by Jen on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM
5 moms liked this
If smart Alec was another language....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nadali
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM
My daughters can understand spanish but speak very little. I wish they spoke better. I'm bilingual and so is my dh, but we have not done a good job teaching them Spanish. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM
No. Not yet, anyways. I would like them to learn Japanese or Chinese (preferably Chinese, as my husband is 1/2 Chinese). I am going start takin Japanese at the community college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Yes my children are bilingual we speak English and Romanian. In school they will probably learn another but I do not know the options yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Son (10) Spanish

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Well my son takes korean karate. So he can say things that pertain to that in korean. The instructor says everything in korean then english to get them to learn it. He can count to 10 in korean! Other then that not yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Jess knows a few words of Mandarin but so far that's it.  I'd like her to learn Mandarin but I didn't find Rosetta Stone helpful and there aren't any classes locally.  My son will be taking Spanish 2 next year and his teacher says he speaks very well.  I know a little ASL which I've taught to the kids but would like to increase what I've learned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN