Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 6/18/12

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:44 AM
  • 25 Replies

Have you ever recommended someone for a job? Has a friend ever recommended you for a job?

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:48 AM
I did recommend someone for a job. I've only had 1 job and still work there. My brother hired me so I guess it can be said he recommended me for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:51 AM
No not really but I had a boss at one restaurant who got a new GM position at a restaurant closer to our house (I was still working in my parents town) after I had gotten a job near my house. He still had my number and called me to see if my dh was interested in a manager position with him. Even though he moved back to his hometown dh is still there 4 1/2 yrs later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chymerra
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:59 AM

No for recommending someone for a job.  But I have had jobs recommended for me when I was still working.

abmaddox1981
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Yes on both counts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Yes, to both.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

anotherguatmom
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:33 AM
I've recommended lots of people for jobs and promotions. Yes, I got several recommendations over the years and that was how I moved up in the company I worked for.
momof754
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Yes to both
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Yes. I used to work with a lady who became one of my best friends and when I stopped working at the job with her because I had my youngest daughter, a position at the church she goes to opened up and she recommended me. Her husband is the pastor so I got the job :) and that was over a year ago. I have recommended lots of people for jobs but I have never had any pull in the decision making process so they don't always work out.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Yes and yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Yes and yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)