Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

ahhh sharpie

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok, so while I'm preparing supper, i send the kids to their room to watch a movie. After about 20 minutes, I go to check on them. They are seemingly engrossed in the movie all in a row, on the bed, three boys ages 3,5, and 9 by the way. So I go back to supper preparations. 15 minutes later, I go to check again, and lo and behold, they're taking turns with a black permanent marker on the panel wall. I'm talking a 10x8 space. I had to walk out, go calm down before I could even think about discipline. I was totally flabbergasted, because this just was not something i would ever expect out of them...Anyway, I have tried alcohol, wood cleaner, ammonia, nothing is even fading these massive marks. Any suggestions would be helpful. You can't even buy this type of paneling anymore. I cannot let my husband see this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andyroosmama
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried Goof Off... you can find it in the paint section at Home Depot or even WD40 will help... I know Mary Kay oil free eye make up remover will remove sharpie from skin... and the Goof Off is available in a spray bottle... it is stroger than Goo Gone, and you'll want the spray bottle because the tin can is almost like gas... and a little bit goes a long way... good luck... I think its like 5 or 6 dollars too 

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Cheap hairspray got it off my grandma's tile. But goof off is a good choice too. You can try magic eraser but sometimes that pulls off the paint too. So i would try that sparingly and as a last reaort if the wall is painted.
aetrom
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Hairspray or bugspray.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Do not use magic eraser on a shiny wood paneling (or test first) it could strip it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FabMomma2BnB
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:56 AM

WD40 removes Sharpie like a charm or If you have peroxide and dawn dish washing liquid, mix two parts peroxide to one part dawn, spray and scrub...you can even add a little baking soda to where you sprayed for extra scubbing power.

mommynac
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Call the manufacturer. They might have a good suggestion for you.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Nothing! Been there don we it all. We hadda redo their entire bedroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3woods
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Oh wow, that makes my stomach hurt!

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Nothing! Been there don we it all. We hadda redo their entire bedroom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Oh wow.  Sorry mama :/.  I wish I had something for you but I don't......I woudl say paint it.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)