Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I am so over with fireworks and it is not even the 4th of July

Posted by   + Show Post

The fourth of July is coming near all I hear is firecrackers. It started 6pm during the weekday and the weekend are worse. Is your neighborhood darling kids playing with firecrackers.

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Replies (21-29):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

It's been surprisingly quieter than normal so far this summer. Usually we have a lot of fireworks going off in our neighborhood by now, but it really hasn't been an issue this year.

melissa632
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Surprisingly, I have not heard any yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MB13
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM

They are illegal here except for the one week of the 4th of July.  They do not go on sale until June 27th.  We will probably start hearing some next weekend.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM

So far the neighborhood has been quiet. The police around here are finally enforcing the ban on homeowners using fireworks in the residential area of our town.  The houses in my neighborhood are very close together here and some of my neighbors have complained about stray rockets (fireworks) landing on the roofs of their houses and garages.  This is a potential fire hazard and is one of the many reasons why the sale of fireworks to the public is illegal in NY State ( if we want them we have to drive to Pa to get them, as it is illegal to order them through the mail).  It also helps that the kids that were guilty of setting off the firecrackers around here the past few summers, have graduated from highschool, and moved away.

our3
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM

My kids are the "neighborhood" kids. We live down a long private dead end sand road in the woods. There is only my kids and up towards the front end of the road their is 2 kids but we cant see them or here them from where we are.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM

They are not legal in our county!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

We haven't heard any yet, but I know it' coming. It doesn't get too bad around our neighborhood, but there are a few houses outside of our sibdivision that sometimes have them going off a bit late right around the 4th.

Star127
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Not yet the horror starts 4th of july and continues for weeks after.. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM
They don't sell fireworks till July 1st here, plus I'm not even sure if we are allowed to set them off in our neighborhood. I miss setting off our own, but it was ruined by to many idiots setting off illegal ones. So now we watch the professional ones at the University stadium.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN