Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you make potty training fun?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 160 Replies
2 moms liked this

Bedwetting doesn't have to stop your child from doing the things they love. We gave 40 CafeMom members one free package of Limited Edition GoodNites underwear featuring either Spider-Man or Tinker Bell and asked them to try it with their family. The new underwear is not only the most absorbent pant for boys and girls ages 4 and up but they're also specifically made to keep pajamas and bedding dry all night long!

Tell us about your kids. How do you make potty training fun?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Here are some great responses from our CafeMoms!

The girls were so excited to try out their GoodNites limited edition underwear. They passed up Tinker Bell and went for the Spider-Man print, which was a big hit at bed time. I loved the fact that they were super absorbent and didn't leak in the middle of the night!

-          Audreesmommy757

The goodnights have worked really well with staying dry at night. The pictures on them are really neat. It is so nice not having to change sheets all the time.

-          othermom

I got the coupon for the free package just before we left on a camping trip. At bed each night he would ask for them. He thought the design was cool and said they were comfortable to wear. I will be recommending these to my friends!  

-          Sarah824

2Busy4Choas
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:34 PM
When out daughter was training we made up a song lol everytime it was time to go we would sing whe she potty... Yes Lame but it worked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polyhymia
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM
3 moms liked this

When my first son was training we gave him special stickers. a regular one for #1 and a special one that would rub onto his dresser for #2. if he went all day without any accidents we had window decals for him to pick and put on his bedroom window :) He loved it!

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Hi my name is Diana and I'm a mom of 2 sweet girls Audree(4.5) and Charlotte(19ms) and we have had issues in the past with bed-wetting as well as potty training our youngest. 

The girls were so excited to try out their  Goodnites limited edition underwear. They passed up Tinkerbell and went for the spider-man print, which was a big hit at bed time. I loved the fact that they were super absorbent and didn't leak in the middle of the night which made for easier clean up and less embarrassment for Audree at her sleep over with her cousins this weekend.  I would recommend Goodnites underwear to anyone looking for a great inexpensive way help with bed-wetting and potty training. Awesome product!

pictures to come soon!!

Threes.Company
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM

My name is Michelle and I have three children.  My kids are 5, 3.5 and 2.  Both my older children are daytime potty-trained.  My youngest hasn't started training just yet.  My older kids have struggled with overnight training, though.  My oldest (5) did fine for about the first 6 months and then she started having overnight accidents about 2-3 times a week.  My middle child (3.5) was never overnight trained.  He's wet probably 50% of the time, when he wakes up.  My oldest will sometimes wake up overnight and use the toilet, but not always.  As far as I can see, there is no real way to work on this kind of "training", because they are unconscious when the accidents are happening.  Thus, we do not offer rewards (or punishments) for these overnight accidents.  It is something they cannot control.  When they are aware and they do wake up, they use the bathroom as they should.  So, we rely on products to keep the mess contained and to prevent me from having to wash sheets multiple times per week (and to prevent damage to the mattresses).  It's really our only option until their bodies are ready to handle it on their own.

We have tried Pull-Ups for overnight use.  They are not all that absorbent, so sometimes we still end up with leaks and such that require washing the sheets anyway.  But, the kids do love the different designs that the Pull-Ups offers.  My oldest (5) does not want to feel like she is wearing a "diaper" which is something she associates with babies, so having characters and designs that are of interest to her helps her feel like she's wearing something that is appropriate for her age. 

I am looking forward to trying out the product.  I really hope the absorbency is great.  I hate having to deal with overnight messes.  Plus, I think my kids would really love the Spiderman/Tinker Bell designs.

mommieof1b4g
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5 yr old was hard to potty train & didn't really get it till she was almost 4. & still wets the bed now, not everynight but pretty often. We just got done training my 2 yr old about a month ago. She loved it, we would just ask her if she needed to peepee & she would run to the potty & then after she was done she would tell everyone what she did lol. She wets the bed sometimes still as well but is doing good other wise

Ben 7, Chasie 5, Samara 3,Lily 1 & Lorelai on the way!

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM
A trip to the toy store is great motivation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! Im Jennifer. I have four.children ages 8, 5, 2 1/2 and one that will be here in 28 days.

Potty training my oldest was easy... She did it all on her own at 26mths, fully day and night learned! She was 3 when I had her baby sister and while her baby.sister was growing up, I was in a dreamland that itd be the same for baby #2. Boy was I wrong!! I tried SO hard to have her totally trained before my son was born when she was just 2 1/2. In short, I pushed her before SHE was ready and made us both frustrated and miserable. She still ended up day trained before she turned 3 but accidents weren't uncommon and nughts.... Well forget about it!

Here we are, she just turned 5 and while day accidents are rare, shes pretty much wet nightly! Sometimes even waking for a new pull up to make it to morning. what makes me feel worse is she so badly wants to sleep without a pull up but its just not realistic.

We've tried limiting drinks at night, and hours before sleep, taking her right before bed, waking her at night. We'vetried pull UPS, accidents sheets, towels... Nothing has helped her. I've long given up about being mad about it, because at the end of the day, its just not her fault, and its not even ours, its just how her body works for now. She starts kindergarten this fall and Im starting to worry about how this will make her feel.

I am really interested to see how the absorbency of these new goodnights work for her! Tinkerbell is her favorite character and I know shell be excited to try these out!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I must say, thats not realistic for everyone, neither does it work for all children.

Quoting Apr1l:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM
obviously children and the issues they have dont fit into a cookie cutter. We don't buy stuff always they just like to look. Ya know just like the regular store, I'm sure they enjoy the toy section just to look
Quoting mommyjenn84:

I must say, thats not realistic for everyone, neither does it work for all children.

Quoting Apr1l:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN