Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you make potty training fun?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bedwetting doesn't have to stop your child from doing the things they love. We gave 40 CafeMom members one free package of Limited Edition GoodNites underwear featuring either Spider-Man or Tinker Bell and asked them to try it with their family. The new underwear is not only the most absorbent pant for boys and girls ages 4 and up but they're also specifically made to keep pajamas and bedding dry all night long!

Tell us about your kids. How do you make potty training fun?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (121-130):
Nay25
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Well my first one was really hard to potty train she didn't get it till like 3 and a half. Now my last one my son he got it at age 2 no problem.
xxMocahFrappxx
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM
This and my Mom helped me!

Quoting 2Busy4Choas:

When out daughter was training we made up a song lol everytime it was time to go we would sing whe she potty... Yes Lame but it worked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superwoman8977
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM

we started a sticker chart and this past week she has earned 20 stickers and got a new outfit and new shoes

elijahXmom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:01 AM
Hugs mommy

Quoting mommyjenn84:

Hi! Im Jennifer. I have four.children ages 8, 5, 2 1/2 and one that will be here in 28 days.

Potty training my oldest was easy... She did it all on her own at 26mths, fully day and night learned! She was 3 when I had her baby sister and while her baby.sister was growing up, I was in a dreamland that itd be the same for baby #2. Boy was I wrong!! I tried SO hard to have her totally trained before my son was born when she was just 2 1/2. In short, I pushed her before SHE was ready and made us both frustrated and miserable. She still ended up day trained before she turned 3 but accidents weren't uncommon and nughts.... Well forget about it!

Here we are, she just turned 5 and while day accidents are rare, shes pretty much wet nightly! Sometimes even waking for a new pull up to make it to morning. what makes me feel worse is she so badly wants to sleep without a pull up but its just not realistic.

We've tried limiting drinks at night, and hours before sleep, taking her right before bed, waking her at night. We'vetried pull UPS, accidents sheets, towels... Nothing has helped her. I've long given up about being mad about it, because at the end of the day, its just not her fault, and its not even ours, its just how her body works for now. She starts kindergarten this fall and Im starting to worry about how this will make her feel.

I am really interested to see how the absorbency of these new goodnights work for her! Tinkerbell is her favorite character and I know shell be excited to try these out!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
litllady
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
My kid liked to do things while on the potty.read books or do puzzles, games on my phone is one of her favorites. Pretending to talk on the phone and sing songs. My husband and I were so scared of this stage cause we never thought we would get through it. But we did and though she is still have some accidents, she knows what she has to do.Its just trying to get to the potty in time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moonglow482004
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Put a Ipod in the bathroom that plays your childs favorite music or videos. They will be intertained while sitting and waiting and learning at the same time.

moonglow482004
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM

one hour before bedtime have a cup of warm tea, they will pee before going to bed for sure.

moonglow482004
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM

As for keeping them on the potty unti the ,lol, job is done. I suggest letting them have an ipod with their favorite childrens learning videos or music videos for them to be intertained while waiting .

squirrelml
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Well not this will work on every kid,but I paid my kid-lol 1 penny for pee,2 pennies for poop. You have to find a clever way of doing things with your kids,mine I hate to say it was the form of money. Her grandma asked her what she was going to do with her potty money-she said I'm saving it for my college fund. My kid starting talking at an early age,starting reading and understanding what she read at age 3.But unfortunately her body needed to play catch up-so by the time age 3 came around I started to get worried,she had a hard time holding her urine,so I discovered that the power of money worked for her. As for her college fund,well......that kind of melted away.

MamaZena
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Just today I made a train track and train to help a little boy I provide childcare to Potty Train.  He is really into Thomas and we had a Train day at my house today so I hope it helps get him excited to go on the potty.

We made one for my house and one for home, hopefully it gets used!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)