Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you make potty training fun?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bedwetting doesn't have to stop your child from doing the things they love. We gave 40 CafeMom members one free package of Limited Edition GoodNites underwear featuring either Spider-Man or Tinker Bell and asked them to try it with their family. The new underwear is not only the most absorbent pant for boys and girls ages 4 and up but they're also specifically made to keep pajamas and bedding dry all night long!

Tell us about your kids. How do you make potty training fun?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
raczac
by Cindi on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Hello I am Cindi a mother to two boys my 5 year old is potty trained during the day and some nights but here lately he has been wetting the bed at night more frequently. Some of the things that are frustrating to me is having to change the bed during the night or just letting him sleep with me as he is on the top bunk and I don't want to wake up my other son. It is frustrating to him and when it happens he cries. We have tried limiting his drinks before bed and even stoping them at 6pm but even that hasn't helped. We have tried other brands of pull ups at night but they still seem to leak durning the night. He is looking foward to using his spiderman overnights tonight. We will see how it goes and will let you know tommorow sometime.

3lilmonkeysxo
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM

My son who is 6 years old was very excited to try the Good Night Spiderman underwear! He is the only one of my kids that deals with bed wetting at night (my other 2 children are 3 & 2 and are both potty trained) & he is pretty embarassed about it (hence why he wouldn't let me take his picture!), but he said he's not embarassed when he wears his Spiderman undies! 
I like that they're absorbant & don't leak and I'm glad it's given him his confidence back and doesn't make him feel bad about wetting the bed at night 

melaniecerise
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM

My name is Melanie and I have a 4 year old dd who still struggles with nighttime wetting. I am so excited to be picked for this influencer. In the past we have tried the underwear approach. we have tried bed pads and we have tried getting up every hour at night. None which helped or work. We have tried to even do the underwears that change to a cold sensation, that didn't work. It is frustrating when during the day she is so good at pottying but at night, I always have to do laundry. It gets to be a lot to handle so i am excited to try the good nights. I hope they hold up.

justahousewife
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Hi there.

I'm mommy of two girls (4 and 10) and we live in the Pacific Northwest. Both of my girls have had their share of frustrations when it comes to nighttime accidents. My oldest has just recently graduated out of overnight pants; up until last year she would have pretty regular accidents. My youngest was born with a birth defect that will keep her in diapers a lot longer than most. With both my girls we've learned to limit beverages before bedtime, use overnight style pull-ups or diapers and just try not to worry about it. With my oldest it was just a matter of growing out of overnight accidents. My 4yo on the other hand will have a little more to grow out of but we've got high hopes. :-)

When I told my youngest I was getting a bag of big girl pull-ups for her she was very excited. We'll have a lot of fun trying out her new overnights and see if they're a better match than what we're using right now. 

Thanks Cafemom

raczac
by Cindi on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The spiderman goodnights were a big hit with my son last night. He wet them but it didn't leak through to his other clothes or his sheets. He loved them. Thank you so much for the free coupon for the spiderman goodnights.

gcstar42
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I bought the tinkerbell goodnights for my daughter and she was really excited. We were a little disappointed though when she put one on and it was way too big. We bought the smallest size, but she is so tiny and they were still just too big. She can fit in regular pullups, but she doesn't like them because she associates them with babies. I think if the goodnights would have fit better though they would have been great. As far as the actual potty training goes, I always just started out by using the watch and learn method with my kids. I would just take them with me when I used the potty and sit them on their little potty and it didnt take them long to figure it out. I always gave them a ton of praise and we did stickers every time they went in the potty.

Threes.Company
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Ok, so the GoodNites are great as far as being absorbent.  My daughter wears a size 5 and we purchased the GoodNites in a size S-M (sizes 4-8).  That was the smallest that was offered.  They are somewhat big on her, even though she is within the size range.  She used to wear a 4T-5T in Pull-Ups (since that was the largest they offered) and those were nice and snug.  Maybe I am just used to them being on the smaller size?  They fit, just a little more loosely.  So far that has not translated to leaks. 

Unfortunately, we did not have the chance to try out the limited edition Tinkerbell or Spiderman prints.  I went to three different stores in our area, and no one offered those prints.  We had to settle for the monkey/star patterns for girls.  My DD was OK with that, but she was definitely disappointed.  We used to do the Disney princess Pull-Ups, and she was excited (and expecting) Tinkerbell.  I tried a grocery store and two different Target stores and no one had them.  No one had the normal size packages either.  The stores only sold the packages that are labeled as being 2X's more than the count of the jumbo package.  I wasn't expecting to have to shell out $8 out-of-pocket to try the product (max retail value of the coupon was $12.70), but I really didn't have a choice.   It was still better than paying $20+, I suppose!  I am curious as to what stores everyone shopped at to find these Limited Edition prints.  Apparently they just haven't hit our area yet...

Threes.Company
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM

These are the only ones offered in our area. I tried the different stores. This is the only print and the only size package.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daniele23
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Hi Im Daniele! I apologize for being a few days late on the intro post, we were on vacation, which btw, put a temporary hold our potty training efforts- much easier to change diapers on a trip ;)

I have two girls, turning 3 and 5 later this summer.  My older dd was easy to potty train! She was pretty much fully trained between two and half and 3. My younger dd is approaching 3 and she wants little to do with it so far! The first time she tried undies, she had one accident and it totally freaked her out (we were completely nonchalant about it and were totally encouraging, it just seemed to scare her) and ever since then it's been a struggle to even get her to wear underwear. We did have a good day today where she has sat on the potty a ton, but she has yet to actually go in it and always asks for a diaper. This seems to be the pattern lately.

Ways I made potty training fun with my older dd an that I try to do now are using sticker charts, m&m's (just one single m&m at a time, no big deal), reading encouraging potty books, watching Elmo's Potty Time, and now with my younger I involver her big sis- her sister shows her how fun it is to be a big girl and wear undies. We let them pick out their favorite underwear and potty seats too. Overall, we just keep the entire process happy and upbeat and never ever discouraging or hard. While I encourage my daughter to use the potty I never push it on her- I know we'll get there when she's ready!
We do have pull ups on hand and have used them in the past, but dd seem to treat them as a diaper for the most part. I look so forward to trying the Goodnites limited edition underwear!!

sweetmommy811
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM

We went to the store and I let my ds pick out the spiderman goodnites underwear. He was super excited and carried them all around the store, in the car and on the way home. lol We tried them out after bath time, right before bed. I asked him if they were comfy and he said yes they were. The colors were very bright and caught his attention for sure. He ran around the house and pretended to be spiderman for a bit before we hopped into bed. lol He did end up having a accident that night and it held up great! No leaking through at all. We were both satisfied with this product and will def. recommend them to friends!

here he is my cute little guy with his goodnites..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN