Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 6/30/12

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  • 21 Replies

OMG.... I can't believe it's already the end of June!

What have you done already this summer?

What are your plans for the rest of the summer?

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaeD
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Had surgery and recovery time while the kids traveled with my aunt and dad. They come back Tuesday and I might take them next Saturday to see my in-laws for their 4th of July dinner. Then we'll be at the water park and museum almost everyday after that

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM
We went to the beach, and hung out at my parents pool. We are going on vacation first week of August
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

We haven't done much. We did tye dye shirts last weekend. The kids just got done with VBS. They had a blast. Otherwise we have been hanging out at home and playing outside.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

We've gone on one camping trip.  We've spent tons of time in our pool.  My oldest son has bee going to his tennis lessons.  The youngest son and I went to Cub Scout Day Camp.  I've worked on more PTA stuff than I care to think about, but have only been to the school 3 times in the 4 weeks of summer vacation.  We started the plans for our pool deck.

We are taking a vacation to Gettysburg in a few weeks.  We are planning at least one more camping trip, although I'd like to squeeze in 2 more.  We'll continue to swim often and my oldest will continue to have his tennis lessons.  I need to schedule a meeting with the Principal to get the school and PTA calendar in sync for the coming school year.  Of course, I have quite a bit more PTA work to get done, which I won't bore you with those details.  We also need to finish construction on our pool deck.  It will be 10' x 38' when we are done.

PhoebemomofBRDM
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM
We went to the 9/11 memorial, the statue of liberty and Ellis Island, up to Maine, then over to Niagra Falls, and now we're headed to Mall of America. We're going to go to Iowa to visit family after, and then we go back home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM

personally i haven't done that much.  i do too much during the school year so i like to just chill out in the summer.

my daughter had a two week summer school camp at the jr high the beginning of june.  then she did a week long safety camp that the police department put on.

while my daughter was busy at camp my little guy & i hung out, going to the $1 movies, playing at the mall, activities at the library, spending much over due one on one time together.

i did do some long over do cleaning/sorting/downsizing.

my mom is coming down in a week for about a month & a half so we'll be doing much more when she's down, including going on our first ever family vacation.  only 5 weeks left of break for me, 6 for the kids before school starts back.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM

We've bummed around most of the time :) I've been to too many doctors appts,lol.

We have been to the pool, park, and library. We've taken a trip to Baltimore to go to the aquarium.

We are going to go camping. I hope we are going to be able to get down to my SIL's in Va Beach.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I hear ya and would love to chill more that I've been able to.  Unfortunately I've been hit with a perfect storm, so to speak.  Hubby and I made personal plans prior to my being elected PTA President in May, so I'm now swamped with more than I thought, especially with having to wrap up my PTA Treasurer duties as well. 

Quoting lizzig:

personally i haven't done that much.  i do too much during the school year so i like to just chill out in the summer.

my daughter had a two week summer school camp at the jr high the beginning of june.  then she did a week long safety camp that the police department put on.

while my daughter was busy at camp my little guy & i hung out, going to the $1 movies, playing at the mall, activities at the library, spending much over due one on one time together.

i did do some long over do cleaning/sorting/downsizing.

my mom is coming down in a week for about a month & a half so we'll be doing much more when she's down, including going on our first ever family vacation.  only 5 weeks left of break for me, 6 for the kids before school starts back.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

We've done a whole lot of nothing.  I have a couple of classes in July and a family reunion.

family in the van   Mom of four

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

What have you done already this summer? School ended June 11th, but we started summer a little early and did some summery on the weekend before school ended. We went to Chocolate World (in Hershey, PA. near where we live), went to an amusement park, and had some picnics and glow stick parties with my siblings as they all came in in early June with all of their kids.
Then school ended and 2 days later my oldest had an appendectomy, so that was 2 weeks ago and we've been taking it a little easy since then. The kids go to a summer day camp T, TH from 9:30am-noon. We got a pool and just got that set up yesterday and went swimming this morning. Whew. Summer's fun and going fast!

What are your plans for the rest of the summer? Next weekend I'm taking the kids to a 4 day church camp that's 3 hours away (my BIL/SIL's church). July 15th is my boys' double birthday party. Later in July the kids are going camping with my husband. We will swim and do day camp in between- nothing else is really scheduled, but we'll just see what comes up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)