Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

So my daughter went to a sleepover birthday party Monday night, she is 9.  While she was sleeping one of the other girls cut a chunk of her hair at the scalp.  How do I approach this with the mom that hosted the sleepover?  I am at a complete loss of what to say.  If I figure out who did this I will be on their front steeps.  I am sorry but that is assult and the girl is a bully.  I am sad, I am mad, and I don't know what to do.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Replies (61-70):
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I may be mistaken, but aren't a lot of the mothers who say OP is overreacting actually teachers? I think they are if I remember correctly. They are a great example of why we homeschool.

OP, you are not overreacting at all. Some people have fast-growing hair. Maybe that is why they are so oblivious to why this is so mean. They may be those interesting chicks with the spiked up nightmare hair. Sure, they wouldn't care. It is a big deal for girls with long hair like your daughter's hair though! It is assault!

I hope your daughter can find real friends in the future. Truthfully, any child who witnessed this is not your daughter's friend.

StephB060811
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I agree with her. Thats awful that happened to her. I bet if you bring it up to the host mom that she can talk to her kid and prolly get out of her who did it.

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

I would be mad! I had a girl threaten me with this when I was a kid. She was a bully. Talk to the host and go from there.

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

What is wrong with her fixing her daughter's hair? That doesn't mean that her daughter can't fix her hair at all. Have you seen some of the cool styles and braids that are in right now? I'm sure you have. Maybe her daughter appreciates having a loving mother that actually will take the time to do those styles for her. Maybe it's a time when the two of them can visit in the morning to have some calm before the rush of the day. Don't judge her for that! Seriously.

Quoting mjande4:

This was my first thought too.  IF they are her "real" friends, then they will tell her who did it.  Are you absolutely sure that your daughter didn't get something stuck in her hair and cut it out herself!?  Based on your current reaction and the fact YOU style a NINE year old's hair, I'm wondering if your own daughter was scared of your reaction and didn't tell you the truth.  I agree with some of the others, you are really over reacting, it will grow back.  If, in fact, it was done at the party maybe your daughter needs new friends.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I would be more concerned about why my daughter didn't tell me or the host mom right away.

Did she confront the other girls? At her age she needs to stick up for herself and let the whole group this isn't OK. Keeping it to herself isn't going to help her in the long run. She needs to stand her ground and let those girls know it isn't funny. 

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Quoting 0123456:

Um this list is THREE MONTHS old. I'm sure the hair has grown back. Lol
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting 0123456:

Um this list is THREE MONTHS old. I'm sure the hair has grown back. Lol

Um, I guess you don't have long hair. lol

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Quoting 0123456:

Slow night for you !?
downsouthjunkin
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quoting Lovingmomfarm:

How would you like it if someone cut your hair while you were sleeping.  My guess you would not like it one bit.  Never once did I saw charges.  But, yes when you cut someones hair with out their permission or knowledge it is assault and the child needs to know that you cannot act like that.  Yes the girl that did this to my daughter was acting like a bully.  There are many forms and this falls into one of those forms.  

Putting bras in the freezer is one thing but when you cut someones hair that is another.  It is unaccepatble behavior.  

Quoting steelcrazy:

You can call the hosts mother to let her know what happened.  That is what I would do.  However, I don't know what the big issue is over this.  These are little girls and no one was hurt, so I can't imagine assult charges being filed.  Also being a bully is a lot more than pulling a silly prank on another child at a sleep over.  Whenever I was a child we used to put the first girl to fall sleep's bra in the freezer.  It was a silly prank and I am guessing that this very well was done as a prank as well.  *shrugs*  It's hair and it will grow back.

Exactly--Putting bras in the freezer is one thing, but to put your hands on someone else and cut their hair..........hopefully you can find out who did it. They need to be told that their behavior was totally wrong. Makes me wonder what they will do next, if their actions go unpunished....will they be  emboldened to do something worse the next time?

little.worthen
by Tess on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Wow. This is why we don't do sleepovers. I am SO sorry about your daughters hair!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2Bellarose
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree that this is an unacceptable "prank". I would call the host parent. I'm sorry this happened to your daughter :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this

first off I want to say why is it even a question why the little girl didnt tell her mom right away or call her mom or notice it or whatever you are questioning the actions of the VICTIM and secondly WTF is wrong with styling your daughters hair hell im a grown woman and my bff will do my hair when we go out. Third how dare you insult the op saying her dd has bad hygiene you are a sick woman! This is a bully yes this is assault yes and hell no are you overreacting if these heartless women on here that say get over it think you are overreacting then they would think i am completely insane cause if anyone ever ever ever cut my dd hair without her permission I dont even want to say on here how i would handle it this post makes me livid!

I am normally a very level headed, fair, respectable person but if someone harms my child I will turn into a mother bear. The women on here that are showing absolutely no compassion are the reason we have so many problems today they are not teaching their children values and morals they are the ones raising bullys how sad for their kids that they wouldnt show any compassion or concern if their kid was in a similar situation their kids must feel so alone having no momma bear in their corner having their back wow smdh that is pathetic.

I wont even look at this post again cause it just makes my blood boil but im sure these sick sick "mothers" have plenty to say in response to my post but i dont care what you think i have no respect for your parenting skills if you think that this is in any way ok so dont waste your time responding cause i wont read it im in shock that any woman who calls herself a mother wouldnt empathize or have a little compassion. Isn't a mother suppose to be the CAREGIVER the nurturer I am disappointed in the parenting of these heartless unfeeling women it just makes me feel so sorry for the children that are being raised by them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN