Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Moms with daughters...help!

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 61 Replies

Okay so there are two girls in the neighbourhood...both are EXTREMLY whiney! Is this a girl thing?

Case in point..today DS was outside playing with a blow up toy (not doll toy sorry couldnt resist) those type that you bang together...simple...anyways Neighbour girl (5) broke it...DS said "You broke it" This girl burst into tears (not upset tears...killed your best friend screetching crying)

Parents came flying out and demanded what was wrong..I explained it...mom yelled at Connor "its just a blow up toy get over it"

This happens ALL THE TIME! If she doesnt get her way she bawls...if anyone touches her she bawls...now I am a parent of a son...raised by a single father...is this cry at the drop of a hat normal?

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM
My dd is like that sometimes now but not when she was 5. It depends on the kid, some are just overly sensitive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Quoting abmaddox1981:

My dd is like that sometimes now but not when she was 5. It depends on the kid, some are just overly sensitive

But over everything...she gets my DS in so much trouble (been out there for most of it) her parents seem to be blind to it...or is it just cause they only have girls and I have a energetic always on the go boy.

Jamie1972
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM
My dd is 9 and gets whiney sometines. More drama gueen then anything. But when she was younger i wanted to strangle her at times cuz she would burst into hysterics for no reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I think she knows how to be manipulative and her parents havent seen it yet.   I am a crier but I never cried to get others into trouble like that.   My girl can turn on the water works but usually if she thinks she hurt another person.

mom2_3blessings
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM
My girls are like that sometimes but only if they are wrongly accused or the other kid is overly mean about something ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laird6372
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this

If she does it all the time, stop letting them play together. If the parents ask, tell them why. And also, I'm not the kind to let ANYONE but myself and my husband raise our voices to our kids, so I'd have ripped the mom a new one, as well.

marinesfeeding babyteen girltoddler boytoddler girl
Proud momma of 4 kids, three of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!

Lovingmomfarm
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I wounder if the other parent gives in all the time to their daughter.  My daughter has a friend that will whine, cry, throw a fit and then gets what they want.  I am not trying to assume but it could be that the parents is more interested in being a friend and not a parent.  

Is this child an only child, oldest, middle, or youngest?  It could be that she is searching for attention from others.  Negative attention is better than no attention.  

twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM
My 4 1/2 yr old is very tough and hardly whines, my ds i's 8 and whines a lot. I think its about how the parents react to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Yep, same here. My kids rarely whine and the only one who bursts into tears randomly is my 12yo, and only when she's PMSing, LOL.

Quoting laird6372:

If she does it all the time, stop letting them play together. If the parents ask, tell them why. And also, I'm not the kind to let ANYONE but myself and my husband raise our voices to our kids, so I'd have ripped the mom a new one, as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. That girl sounds spoiled. My daughter (5) gets whiny with her father because she knows he's a pushover. She doesn't pull that with me. Her parents probably give into her every demand because they most likely don't want to be bothered. I feel bad for her. She won't have many friends when she gets older if she keeps acting like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)