Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Anything exciting happening on Wednesday?

Wishing the 4th wasn't on Wednesday...sure it's nice having a day off but I'd much rather have a long weekend!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
janitablue
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

woohhoo I took the day off on 4 of July.

vicky33006
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM
We are heading to the beach tomorrow and will be there overnight onto the 4th. We will hang at the beach all day, watch fireworks, and then head home :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanTiarra
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM
It's my dd birthday, she will be 6. We already had her party but she will still get lots of birthday wishes.

We also always do a BBQ at the park with my extended family . There's a carnival, fireworks, etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Taking my kids to an airshow downtown and then to a friend's house for a birthday party. DH has to work :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

We are having a party so lots of our friends will be coming over.  We'll eat, blow up stuff and watch the fireworks.

family in the van   Mom of four

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM

It's my Mom's birthday so we always get together with her for the day.  The guys all go golfing, the girls take the kids to places like Chuck E Cheese and the Zoo; then we all meet back up at the house for snacks and dinner.  We used to then walk to a nearby lake to watch the city's big fireworks show, but they moved the show across town several years ago (right about the time we all started having babies so it kind of worked out!)  The older kids now shot off some daytime fireworks in the driveway (and give Grandma a heart attack because it looks like they are all going to get burned or blow a finger off!)   Everyone heads home in the evening and since we live out of state we stay the night; my Mom & I usually end up on the driveway trying to watch the neighborhood's fireworks, but the trees are getting too tall to see too much! 

It's supposed to be about 98 degrees and the 10-13yo grandkids are supposed to be joining the golf outing for the first time this year...I would personally pick Chuck E's again if I were them!  The adults will still golf regardless because they missed out completely two years ago when we got 3 inches of rain on the 4th!

We plan to stay in Nebraska for the rest of the weekend to go to the Omaha Zoo (or the children's museum if we chicken out because of the heat) and then we'll head to my Dad's lake for a couple days of fishing and swimming.

gracie0221
by Gracie on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM
We are going to a BBQ at a friends house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kim768
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My dh and son are marching in our local parade with their Cub Scout troop and then we'll go to the town pool and cool off for a few hours,then off to a friends house for BBQ and fireworks in the park that we can see perfectly from their house.

jaytee
by Jen on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM
We're going to have a big party at the vacation rental home. Cookout, watch the fireworks from the very top deck and have some sparklers for the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raerae725
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Going to the beach and then down town for fireworks. Its ds's birthday and we shall be on his schedule. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN