Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
My ds is super hard on shoes. We are buying him new ones like just about every 3 months. The only shoes he didn't ruin were the Vans my dad bought when ds was 4, and the only reason for that is he went through a growth spurt and grew out of them before he wore them out.

Well Today my dad got ds a pair of Nike, so I will let you know by Christmas how well they last.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Ametrine
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

We have always bought Stride Rite.  He outgrows them way before they wear out.

They are expensive, so we get them on sale.

minimo77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Merrels are suposed to be good, as well as Keens, and DCs believe it or not my ds hasnt been able to ruin, tho the laces broke easy, but he isnt too harsh on shoes to begin with.

Which ones have you tried?

cav629
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
We alway have about 2 pairs at a time that fit him, he is 5 :) I have found at tillys you can get skate shoes (dc) on clearance and I usually have good luck at kohls or Dillard's for his sneakers I like Nike and puma, they seem to last pretty good. And we live in az so he also wears a lot of flip flops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I buy stride rite, merrells, keens, succany (sp?), columbia, etc for my son.  He's never worn out a pair of them.  I buy the next size up on clearance when I see them and never spend over $30.

aj23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

My son grows really slow so he stays in a shoe forever it seems. I bought him a pair of Nike right before school last year and he's still wearing them and once washed they look as good as new.
He also has a pair of sketchers that he wears a lot and they still look new.
You can find them on sale pretty cheap. The Nike I paid about $13 at Kohls and the Sketchers I bought from a shoe store in the mall (shoe sensation) during a half off clearance sell for $7.

TJFBGMommy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

My boys go through shoes like crazy. My 13 year old has enormous feet, only a few brands carry his size, we usually get New Balance, but they're insanely expensive especially since we have to replace them every few months. My 10 year old ripped up his Nikes in 2 weeks, the Sketchers lasted a month. I wanted to try Keens but they're hard to find here. I was hoping that once he got into mens sizes the shoes would last longer, but it seems the opposite is true.

Mireya926
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM

am glad am not the only one. We buy sketchers too. Another problem is his jeans in the knee area.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

My son destroys his shoes too. I usually try tokeep two pairs handy so that he has one for good and one for play.  I like sketchers and nikes. He doesn't like the way vans fit

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Walmart mainly, because dh is Mr. Cheapo, the shoes he has at the moment are from Payless, they both look like they are 50 years old.

Quoting minimo77:

Merrels are suposed to be good, as well as Keens, and DCs believe it or not my ds hasnt been able to ruin, tho the laces broke easy, but he isnt too harsh on shoes to begin with.

Which ones have you tried?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

For the summer, I buy the cheapies..... they burn through them no matter what I buy. 

School year, I can usually hit good sales at the Nike Outlet or Famous Footwear, but I am buying each child shoes about every three months. If I am lucky it is all spread out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)