Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

For those who DO get into Back to school shopping-

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 45 Replies

How many things do you get each child? Like how many jeans, shirts, shoes, etc?

I used to get 5 jeans/bottoms, but it seems that they get worn out fast and are being worn often so I think now I will double that for variety for ds, dd has more choices obviously lol.

By the end of summer anything they have worn to school last year has become summer play clothes and dont fit or gets trashed, (ds) dd will have lots left she can wear, though I still end up getting her a bunch because I love shopping too much and its a tradition for back to school shopping lol

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I only get them stuff if they need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Well, I'll start with at least 7 complete outfits.  Right now, I've purchased 5 dresses, 2 skirts, 1 pair corduroy pants, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair leggings, 1 blouse, 1 t-shirt, and 3 turtlenecks.  I need to pick up a couple more t-shirts, a sweater or two, underwear and tights.

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I don't buy him any clothes unless he needs them. I am not sure if he will. I know for certain he doesn't need shirts.

SuDeNym
by Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Our school has a uniform - so one PE outfit, four walking shorts, four long pants, four shirts, and one windbreaker. Spare set of clothes kept at the school does not need to be a uniform.
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Dd's birthday(8 this year) is in August and she tends to get a lot of clothes so I rarely get excited about buying clothes.

I do buy 2 new packs of underwear and socks and some camisoles and will probably buy a new pair of sneakers.

I get more excited about school supplies 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I have an only child, and so I tend to buy too much pretty quickly. Usually I shop clearance and sales. So I don't spend that much, but usually he has a ton of clothes. At minimum, it's 7 pants or jeans with about 7 pair of sweatpants. He has tons of shirts. Probably about 30 short sleeve and 15 long sleeve.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
I buy 5-8 uniforms, 5 regular pants and shirts, 2 or 3 packs of socks and undies. And 2 pairs of sneakers. He outgrows or destroys everything so I am constantly buying clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvmyAiden
by Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

We have a tax free weekend here in Ok in august. I will shop both on line and in stores with coupons and that weekends big sales and get a TON of stuff. I spend probably almost 2k that weekend and then very little the rest of the year except early summer when I buy their parkas and snow suits because they are SO cheap that time of year.

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Quoting SuDeNym:

Our school has a uniform - so one PE outfit, four walking shorts, four long pants, four shirts, and one windbreaker. Spare set of clothes kept at the school does not need to be a uniform.

Our school does uniforms too.  I try to have two weeks worth of clothing for them (just so I don't have to worry if I don't do laundry.)  Only 1 or 2 pairs of shorts because we are in MN and there's not much for shorts weather during the school year.  But probably 4 or 5 pairs of pants, 8 or 10 polo shirts and 3 or 4 sweatshirts (they wear the sweatshirts constantly in the winter).  Mine don't have a separate PE outfit but they are only K and 2nd right now.  I think that comes later.  Our school has never requested a spare set of clothes to be kept at school.

Can I just say, as a parent, I LOVE UNIFORMS!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Quoting SuDeNym:

Our school does uniforms too.  I try to have two weeks worth of clothing for them (just so I don't have to worry if I don't do laundry.)  Only 1 or 2 pairs of shorts because we are in MN and there's not much for shorts weather during the school year.  But probably 4 or 5 pairs of pants, 8 or 10 polo shirts and 3 or 4 sweatshirts (they wear the sweatshirts constantly in the winter).  Mine don't have a separate PE outfit but they are only K and 2nd right now.  I think that comes later.  Our school has never requested a spare set of clothes to be kept at school.

Can I just say, as a parent, I LOVE UNIFORMS!

How in the world does 4 or 5 pairs of pants last you 2 weeks?  Do they only go to school a few days a week or what?  What do they wear on the other day?  Really curious abou this as I do laundry twice a week typically and make sure that my boys have at least 7 or 8 pairs of pants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)