Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are monogrammed items a bad idea for kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have noticed parents getting backpacks and lunch totes monogrammed for their Elem. school age kids. Even hats and jackets.

What are your thoughts?

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Replies (41-45):
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Our dd has one thing that has her full name on it and that is her medic alert necklace. She wears it in situations where she is out without us, ie on a sleepover or field trips where she might get separated from us in a group of kids. She wears it inside of her clothing but, it is important because of her insect sting allergies and her Motrin allergy along with her Raynaud's disease.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I wanted to thank you for this post. We went to the park this week and I packed lunch for all of us in Nate's lunchbox with his name on it. Then I realized that wasn't the best one to use. We took mine instead. It says, "Mrs. Maxswolfsuit" (not really, but I'm not posting my name) I figured it would be harder for someone to lure me away from the group. 

corrinacs
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I like the idea, but like a poster said....it gives strangers intending to hurt your child a way "in".  I don't think I would have anything monogramed for Caden just yet.  I will label the interior.  Another thing you can do is out a distinctive mark on it if you notice other children with the same lunch box.  Perhaps get a patch sewn on.

WardosWifey
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I don't see an issue with it, I think it's cute.  That way, also, it's personalized in case it goes missing and it can be found easier, especially if it was taken by another child.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I only do intitals on the outside and names on the inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)