Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you beat them?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Max
  • 25 Replies

Your rugs of course.

I have a pretty big area rug on the porch that gets lots of use because the kids go over it as they come in and out the house. It gets vacuumed all the time. But I decided to haul it outside and beat it out. 

OMG 

I am horrified at the amount of dirt that came out.

On a good note, the kids had a blast whacking it with tennis rackets and baseball bats. LOL

I will be taking it out for a beating more regularly from now on. Any tips for keeping those rugs clean. We are going to rent a machine to do do the rest of the carpeting. I really wish I could take it out back and beat the dirt out of it too. 

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM

YES!! I love to do it. It helps me with stress relief...lol

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Quoting Reina13:

YES!! I love to do it. It helps me with stress relief...lol

It was also kind of a good workout. I wasn't expecting that :)

natesmom1228
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Nope I have never done that.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM
No I don't. I just vacuum them. We only have 2, one in the basement and one in my sons room it's the one with the town and streets on it. He likes to play with his cars on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonshining
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM

No, but I should. I vacuum mine but I know it doesn't get the dirt out as well as beating them. Hmm.. guess I will

jaytee
by Jen on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I have little ones in the kitchen. I take them outside and give them a good shaking every once in a while!

If I had bigger ones I take them outside for a beating for sure!

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I don't have many area rugs in the house.  Just at the doors specifically for wiping feet.  I take those out and beat them when I think of it.

My carpeting really needs to good cleaning and I would love to get Zerorez in to do them.  I just can't do it right now because we have some other big expenses going on so the carpets will have to be put off.  Someday though I will get them clean.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM

we only have the bathroom ones and one in front of the door.  I take it out for a good shaking and if it is machine washable throw it in the washer and hang it outside to dry.

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I take a pressure washer to my runners after I found how clean it got my car mats. Wow I was amazed how new the runners look now. I was about ready to toss them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM

We don't have any rugs in our house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)