Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

S/O... Children's shows inconsistancies..

Posted by   + Show Post

So Max's post on things missing in children's books got me thinking, are their any things in children's books or shows that (either by virtue or simply having been traumatized by the repetitive nature of the storylines) you wish you could change?

Example.. after having to listen to the map song a zillioin times I wanted to buy Dora a GPS. Who ever came up with a singing book that only sings on song is an idiot and hates my poor ears.

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Quoting SweetPea2004:

http://voices.yahoo.com/max-ruby-parents-alive-2755087.html 

That was interesting! Thanks

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Quoting TJFBGMommy:

I love love love Yo Gabba Gabba! All of my kids love it too, even the 13 and 18 year olds. It's so strange, but they have great musicians and the Jack Black one is our all time favorite. I love that you can tell he's talking to his own son on the show. :) 

We don't watch a lot of other kids shows any more and my mind is drawing a blank on shows we used to watch. lol

I also love You Gabba. My son used to love it. I was sad the day he told me it was baby show. 

I will admit I've wondered what drugs they are, but I still find it fascinating. 

marymo2011
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate Spongebob! My dd age 6 loves to watch but is swayed in different direction. I'm sure there are some moral lessons to be learned (that's what I hear anyway) , but it's hard for me personally to watch anything that comes from a yellow sponge that sounds the way Spongebob does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Yo gabba gabba has a walking dildo,need I say more? What I always got annoyed with while watching blues clues was how joe and or steve always talked to the kids like the kids r idiots. And that stupid lady from romper room nvr saw me or saod my name when she looked in her magic mirror.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Lol I'm not the only one who was going to comment on the red dildo of yo gabba gabba.
How about on mickey mouse clubhouse, there's never anything extra and they always have exactly what they need?
My husband laughs when I yell at the shows. Like geez, walk around Pete instead of paying him for stupid stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I loathe Cat in the Hat. I am not fan of Dr. Seuss.

Malley
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Me too! It drives me crazy when he says "Your mother will not mind if you do."

Quoting janitablue:

I loathe Cat in the Hat. I am not fan of Dr. Seuss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't know why but I Mr. Noodle from Elmo's world creeps me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I am sitting here laughing gloriously that I am not the only one who draws blanks when they ask me which mouskatool will work. Lets see you have tail feathers missing from a plane and my options are a glue stick and a length of ribbon.... Um, neither. Or when they used the glue stick to fix the broken piano or the shoe with the missing heel. Heaven forbid I tried that, I would break my ankle when the heel gave way again.If it ever stuck in the first place.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Oh wow, don't get me started. LOL.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 12 1/2 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 8 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 4 1/2 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David - 4/12/2012 - 3 months old

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN