Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have you gone through your kids clothes yet?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM
  • 66 Replies

I haven't started school clothes shopping yet. I finally got around to going through their clothes. How did they end up with so much? Three garbage bags full of clothes. I only have two kids!  My DS had a growth spurt recently, all his jeans are just about too short. I am planning on buying him some bigger jeans, a few shirts/hoodies, shoes. My DD doesn't need as much, just some new shoes, skirts and a couple shirts or tanks to go under some plaid shirts.

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I don't do that until late September/early October, around when the weather gets cooler.  IMO there is no reason to buy tons of pants and heavier clothes now and then have them go through another growth spurt and never get to wear them.  I go through their clothing twice a year only, once in the fall and again in the Spring.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
We just went on vacation so I bought a lot of summer clothes which they can wear at least through mid October if not longer. I don't buy heavier clothes until the weather turns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Not yet.  I did go thru them when school ended tho to prepare for summer.  So far she has 2 garbage bags full of clothes.  I still gotta wash them so I can take them down to kidsagain.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I am always stopping by second hand stores to find clothes. Cause mine goes through stuff so fast sometimes it is ridiculous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I just did an inventory for him. We buy clothes whenever we go to the outlet mall, I see what's on sale. I bought him bigger jeans and underwear, but he had like 25 t-shirts, so unless they were a really good deal, I passed (I got a few in bigger sizes)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cna2323
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I tend to go through my childs clothes every month. I can't get her to let go of her small underwear. Fortunately for me, my child wears a uniform to school and I find it easier to buy her uniforms at the end of the schoolyear 2 sizes to big in case she gains weight during the summer.

Threes.Company
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Yes.  I go through their stuff on a very regular basis.  I don't keep things around the house.  With 3 kids, we have no room to store old clothes!  I sell of what I can, donate (or toss) the rest.  I've been purchasing back-to-school items for fall/winter already, too.  My 5-year-old doesn't need much.  Still waiting on a growth spurt for her.  But my son is transitioning from 4T to a big boys size 4/5... so I had to get him new pants and shirts and whatnot.  My youngest wears his older brother's hand-me-downs, so I only get a few new things for him, but not much.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM

My kids both have a ton of clothes. I am focusing on getting school items first and then we're going to get him some jeans. He has 3-4 good pairs and about 10 pairs that he ripped holes in. My mom is going to take him to Gymboree because they have slim jeans that fit him perfectly!

our3
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Nope

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I still feel like summer vacation just started. lol I won't go through stuff until later in the fall. If we need cooler weather stuff it's on a shelf right inside each of their closets, so it's accessible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN