Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been a memeber of my sons school PTA for the last two years now. When this school year ended I was asked to become a board memeber for this up and coming year. And honestly I was surpised and excited and said yes when I was asked. My name was put on a ballot and at the end of the year everyone voted at the last PTA meeting and I made the board. Would you ever consider be a part of your kids PTA ?

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
missmansmommy
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I am considering joining the PTA at my girls' school next year, as they will be at the same one for the first time, and I like helping out and meeting new people. Another major reason is that I want to keep tabs on what my kids are learning and what is in the school library. As a Christian, I am concerned about what they will be learning about evolution and homosexuality. I wish these were things I did not have to be concerned about, but the reality is different.

Babujai
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I haven't because I can't commit to meetings or volunteering due to my full-time job.  I donate and attend activities when I can.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I didn't join, but I do donate money to the PTA through out the year, and I volunteer, by baking cookies or cup cakes for their bake sales when needed.  My kids go to differents schools, and if I join the PTA at one school, the other child would want me to join their schools too. I don't have the time be active in both, so I just sign up to help out at events at the schools instead.

rollinhard07
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Can you pleas pm me as I have questions. I was brought into our pta board and was recently elected president.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Yes I am the ultimate PTA lady. I've been on our PTA board for 5 years now. I'm a past Treasurer and currently am serving as President. I have 4 more years at our elementary school, so 4 more years of elementary PTA.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momforhealth
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I have always been part of it as well as my husband.  I have done lots of work for the PTA.  I was nominated to be on the board too and last year asked to take over the school newsletter.  But I really just like helping out here and there.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Nope. I don't care for the women there and they look down on me for working. I find it hilarious because I volunteer for every class party and chaperone every field trip, yet never see any of them there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommyTaxi
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I was on the PTO board at my kids (original, before redistricting) elementary school.  I was the volunteer coordinator and I was the one who got all the volunteers organized.  It was fun.  Lots of work, but very rewarding.  You all know there is a difference between ptO and ptA, right?

Lynn750
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I was on the Board when my son was in Kindergarten.  We have all remained friends, and have kids close in age.  One is my pediatrician, which my kids think is really cool.

I would do it again, if I didn't work full-time.  I am as involved as I can be, go to all the class parties, and help a little for the annual fund-raiser.  I wish I could help out in the classrooms more, but there are other parents who can and do, so I'll leave it to them.

shadaisy89
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Yup I am the VP at my girls school and I am going to be the president in another year. I do the year book and the book fair. Our school is very active

-KJ
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Of course. I was secretary for a few years here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)