Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I'd really like to get my girls bunk beds...but, they have to be on the affordable side.  I was just wondering...if you're kids have bunk beds, what kind?  Was it affordable?  Does it seem sturdy...do you like it?  Any tips?

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
our3
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Yes we have bunks. I bought mine just this past winter for $133. plus $27 delivery by fed ex from New York to Wisconsin.  They are solid wood and come apart into two twin beds.  Whats interesting though is now they are selling the same exact bunk for $549 which is rediculous. I got mine on clearance plus added an online coupon code.

Livinginstylenewyork.com

Here's the bunk its now $549 ( which it isnt worth that much, its only worth about what I paid)

Wayen Twin / Twin Solid Wood Bunk Bed

And here is our bed - ours is missing the middle brace on the top bunk because the scew kept coming out.  Sure its worth the $166 but deff not worth more than that. It hold up finde and the wood is solid but it was a pain to put together with nothing but allen wrenches.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM

My boys have bunk beds, but they have their own rooms, so their beds are apart and we've never used them as bunk beds. They just both needed beds at the same time and bunk beds were the most economical way since we found them at a furniture store that was going out of business and got them for $300.

DJAKoala
by Debbie on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I have bunk beds for my boys. They are solid oak,very sturdy and can be seperated in to individual beds. We bought them at Raymour and Flanigan. I believe about $700. We made payments over a 12 month period,no interest.
crazygirl907
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I got ours from IKEA. They're great and under $200
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM

our set is a solid cherry one from a local mattress store

the set was $700, plus matresses. they have had them for 2 years. and despite being whaylayed by metal airplanes, and dinosors, jumped on, and what not. 

i asked family to chip in in lew of presents so i could get a better set

manamott
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:53 PM
My son has a full on bottom twin on top bed we got from a local furniture store. It's wood and very sturdy. It was like $850.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mothernature
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM

avoid bunk beds that have a straight up and down ladder ,we had one that was round and metal and it hurt the feet to go up and  down the ladder so they were climbing it unsafely to avoid the ladder and so was i when i had to change the sheets lol

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:07 AM

We have wooden bunk beds, we paid $300 for them and they are very sturdy.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Quoting PinkParadox:

Not sure how to copy and paste, but, these look like the Walmart bunks my neighbor got for her girls. $198, I believe. The beds come apart for 2 twin beds too, so, really versatile. If I had same sex kids, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Her kids are tough on the set and it's going well for 3 years now.
Laura, Mom to Lucas 8/31/03 & Isabella 9/19/04 (yes, 12 1/2 mos apart in age LOL)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)