Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your child play a musical instrument?

What instrument does your child play?

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Band is a required class in 6th grade so all of my children learned to play an instrument--some better than others!  We have 2 clarinet players, one that played the flute, one that played the trombone, and the youngest is playing the saxophone.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

My oldest son plays the clarinet, he's been playing it for 2 years now.  My youngest son will be required to learn the recorder this year, all 3rd graders at our school do this.  I'm not sure when he'll be able to start playing a real instrument though.  It used to be in 4th grade, but with budget cuts we lost our elementary band director, so I'm not sure when they offer instrucment lessons now.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM
no...
CrazedMomof2
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Not unless you count Rock Band. LMAO

gracie0221
by Gracie on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM

nope

ceciliam
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:02 PM

My son has been playing piano since he turned 5 and he will be adding drums, this Fall.

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Our older son is finishing a music fundamentals class this summer and will start formal lessons on an instrument this fall. His teacher says he seems to have an affinity for a string instrument, either violin or guitar.

sunflowers12
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Yeah, I have a guitar player, drummer, three piano players some singers too:) all self taught:)
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Yes. So long as wooden spoons on pots and tupperware count. Or shaking cereal boxes. They are true artists they are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM
My 6.5 yr old started the violin a couple of months ago. We've been crazy busy though so we haven't done much with it. My sister plays and she is doing the lessons for now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN