Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School year

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
Do you think elementary age children should go to moms house one night then dads the next through the school year? Why or why not? My ex wants this i refuse he is mad. I think kids needs stability
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM

NO... They should spend every of other week, I think.. 

abmaddox1981
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM
If they live in the same district and have the same rules for bed times I don't see why not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM
If he was willing to keep the same schedule as you it wouldn't be a big deal, otherwise I'd say he could do Thursday night to Sunday night every other week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkieRed
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:13 PM
That does seem like a lot of hassle on school nights. Why not alternate weeks, with the kids at your house one week, and at their dad's the next (if you live in the same school district)?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know- it seems like a lot of craziness, and a lot of opportunities to forget their favourite game in one house and hteir favourite stuffed animal in another... I wouldn't recommend it

kgalvano
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM

they need stability and to no what is going on instead of being taking every couple days to a different parents house. they should have wkends or how it is ruled in court,

sunflowers12
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Well, I have never had to do this mind you, but knowing how difficult it is for kids already to add this extra unstable not knowing where they will be later that night could affect them.. I think you need to remind "dad" that its not about him anymore but what's best for the child/ children..this manytimes slips their minds cause many if they are to concerned with wanting everything right then.. n know one else is important but them n what they want!! Hope it works out best for the kiddo...
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Ive known mamy couples that have 50/50 custody and do a week w mom then a week w dad. And the childrem adjusted well.

They did saturday as switch dayd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Switching every night seems pretty chaotic. My niece switches each week, which is a little better probably. My brother and his ex live only about a mile apart and each have a bedroom and basics for her, so all she has to move with her each time is her backpack, school uniforms, and favorites like pillows and stuffed animals.

Jamaz46
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Thank you for the input. The court says he only has them every other weekend but weve never done that. It was always him every other sat night see em through the week occasionally stay a weeknight. Now he wants more. They dont want to do it. Its summer their choice. But i think through the school year they should be home where they need to be. Yes they are in same school district
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)