Ways to make things Easier for the School & Your child......
Im sure many who have been in the school settings can add to this list but there are things First time Parents can do to help make things run smoother. I use to be a Para pro YEARS ago and wonder what Parents was thinking or should I say NOT thinking hahaha Seemed like some wanted to make it as hard as possible for everyone involved. Ultimately when things go smoother it is better for your child and all involved so lesson plans can be completed, ect besides the small things always having to be taken care of that takes away from Classroom time. We all want the kids going back to school feeling prepared and calm and the first way to do this is for the Parents to be Organized and Ready.... Just things to think about- PLEASE ADD YOUR IDEAS TOO :)
1. If your child is riding a Bus, find out before time from the Transportation Department OR School what the Bus Number is and what time it will possibly be by. Put a piece of tape with the number on your child's shirt with that number (if the child is young) and even put his name and Bus number in his book bag so the Teacher is SURE to see this.
2. LABEL all of your childs items- Book Bags, Pencil Holders, Jackets,ect. This does take up a LOT of time when you are doing it for 22 or more kids.
3. LUNCH money or Bring your Lunch- Some school have rules about what a child CAN bring in their Lunch Box- You may want to check. Find out about cost of Lunches, we found it is easier IF POSSIBLE to pay by the week or even Month to get this out of the way and make sure it is in an envelope with the child's name, grade, Teachers Name on it. Try working in a Lunch Room handling 500 or more kids and an envelope arrive with money and NO NAME- HA, not fun.
4. Some Teachers for Younger kids like the kids to bring an extra set of cloths in a ZipLock Baggy- LABEL it and dont forget socks and panties/underwear ;)
5. If you are unable to go to the school before time or walk in the first day- MAKE sure you put a hone Number in the Book bag in case of an emergency
** Not sure why this was on my mind LOL I guess always seeing the hussel and bussel of the first few weeks of school made me think of things we all can do to make sure we try to do our part :)