Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

PAYING it FORWARD thread ....

Posted by   + Show Post

Another members Kindness got me to thinking... How often do we take the time to do a Kind act for someone else. It always makes you feel good when you go out of your way to be Nice to others....

Why dont we keep a thread going and see how long we can keep it active by Listing on a daily or weekly basis one thing we did as a ACT OF KINDNESS to someone else. NO, you DONT do ACT of KINDNESS' to get acknowlegment  by other people BUT if we share what we did it may inspire and give others ideas :) Im not talking about purchases, an act of kindness can be anything from opening a door for someone, sending a card in the mail, calling and talking to an eldery person, ANYTHING that you are even giving your time and/or giving something to someone out of the kindess of your Heart is PAYING IT FORWARD.... We all need to take time to PAY IT FORWARD MORE.

So, lets see how long we can keep this thread on the first page by replying to something we have done- and with that it will remind Members daily to do something for someone else ;)

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-14):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I was on a local yardsale page and saw someone trying to get her ac fixed. Nobody would come out until Monday so I told hubby who went and fixed it. It was a simple fix that happens often so he showed them how to do it for next time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holland0226
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I bought $5.00 gift cards for the guards at the front gate in our neighborhood (all 15!) in February, after the Christmas rush I figured then they'd know they were appreciated all year round. Soon we'll get them Jamba Juice gift cards since it's summer and hot for them!

polyhymia
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

i anonymously compliment/send gifts to people. an anonymous act of kindness sticks with people, it takes out the idea of giving back. The thought will stay with them forever. often, people find more truth and sincerity if they believe its from a stranger rather than a friend.

Lynn750
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I call my MIL (in a far away state) every Friday night and say "Happy Friday!"  She really looks forward to my calls because she doesn't drive, or leave her house unless her daughter (who lives next door) drives her to the grocery store or garage sales.  We talk for an hour or two every week.

My sister is struggling financially right now, and is having a hard time paying rent and buying groceries for her son.  I buy grocery gift cards and mail them to her, and leave cash in her purse (once, in the refrigerator).  She knows it's from me, but by not giving it to her face to face, she is able to retain some pride, not like it's a hand-out if I'm not there when she finds it:-}}  I also always pay when they go out to dinner and movies with us, and invite them over for dinner.  Not random, but she appreciates it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN