Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

what i love about this time

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 20 Replies
I know the topic is getting ready for school as it gets closer.. but I am still enjoying tba lazy summer days.. the fact the I have my mornings to my self on the days I do not work:) so everyone is still tucked away sleeping... I am up at can do what a please:) play on the computer/ phone liston to music / read / post... Float around in the pool before it gets to hot:) lots if nice things can be days about this time of year before the school year starts :)

What have you all been doing that focuses on you more then the kids??
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Give me more summer!!!

kmjmlj
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM
My kids come first. Husband second. Myself last. When school starts I'll have me time until they get out of school after my mom duties are done of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been working on PTA stuff, although that isn't really focusing on me. lol  I have also read a dozen or so books this summer while floating in the pool while the kids swim.

sunflowers12
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmm. Well it was just a conversation peace of corse our fam, come first. There's nothing wrong with our time too.. its all good everyone has needs, wants,desires nothing wrong with talking about it.. but each to their own :)
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm right there with ya.  My husband knows that if I don't get some "me time" at least 3 times a week I absolutely lose it.  We all need a little time alone to recharge our batteries.

Quoting sunflowers12:

Mmm. Well it was just a conversation peace of corse our fam, come first. There's nothing wrong with our time too.. its all good everyone has needs, wants,desires nothing wrong with talking about it.. but each to their own :)

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Floating around in the pool in the evenings as the kids get themselves ready for bed, watching the clouds change formation, with my ears underwater so I can't hear anything around me- I feel like I'm in another world. lol Also, we have some appointments and activities, but I try not to schedule much so we can relax over the summer. I LOVE getting lost in time- having a few days with nothing going on where you suddenly one day go, "Wait? What day is it? What MONTH is it?" I love that feeling!

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I just finished up a 3 day scrapbooking crop today--that's my me time!  A chance to be around other adults and not worry about my boys because they are having a fun time with Dad.  Back to regular life tomorrow...

SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

When it happens, I really enjoy my morning coffee before the kids are up and running around. Just that quiet time to read emails or do Bible study or something.

StephB060811
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I agree. i love getting up and everyone is still sleeping and i dont have to worry about oh gotta get them up and ready right now. gonna end on the 8th for us :(

Quoting sunflowers12:

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Nothing really changes for me.  I work full time year round.  The only difference about summer is that we can do a lot of fun outdoor stuff over the weekends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)