Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Woo Hoo! Just got school supplies and spent.......?

Posted by   + Show Post

(insert drum roll)..........  a whopping $12 for 2 boys to go back to school.  They don't need clothes, and they both have good backpacks, so it was just composition books (6), pencils (96), crayons (1 pack of 24), colored pencils (1 pack), 3-ring binder (1), notebook paper (4 packs), glue sticks (12), and box of kleenex (4).

School starts next Monday.  

A mother's child is every breath she takes. Walking hand in hand, every step she takes.

Life is hard.  Kids make the ride more fun.
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Replies (11-16):
natesmom1228
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Wow, that is wonderful. I have no idea what I spent on supplies. The kiddo doesn't need clothes so I don't have to worry about that.

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM
We got everything yesterday at target except for her backpack, hand sanitizer and the rest of her uniform clothes and shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Not done shopping yet.  I'm curious to see what my total will be.  However, I did get their backpacks - Lands End brand from Sears - 2 of them for $50.  That's pretty good for that brand.

I'll have to report back later this week when I finish the supply shopping.

mommyof2kids401
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I spent $40 on her backpack and supplies. She didn't need a new backpack but they were on sale at 50% off at Shopko for back to school so she got a new one and her school supply list wasn't that big this year and I buy double every year so she has some if she needs more the middle of the year and to help some of the other kids that don't have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Good deal. My 9 year old wants to re use his backpack. (I give them the choice to get a new one each year) My 6 year old wants a new one. His had a small tear anyhow that I don't want getting bigger. They don't start until September, and I wait until end of August to buy new jeans (Old Navy usually has them for $10 then sometime soon) and shoes. I still have a few supplies to get when
I get around to Sams Club.
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Same here.  I try to save money, but every year something comes up. This year ds is going to need pants and shirts as he out grew almost all of his clothing from last year.  Same for dd.  I also have to purchase them new shoes for school.  The only thing they don't need are jackets for the , as the zip up hoodies they got for Christmas still fit them.  I won't need to replace them until spring, hopefully.   I also got an email from dds school stating that I have to send in $2 for an assignment agenda (for her to write down her homework in everyday during the year), and another $5 for supplys for  a project that the 3rd graders will be working on some time before Christmas. 

Quoting jaytee:

That's awesome!!

I'm pretty sure I'll be spending a small fortune *sigh* They need a LOT of supplies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)