Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What chores are appropriate for a 5 year old? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

What chores are appropriate for a 5 year old. My son needs to start learning about responsibility and earning some of his fun stuff. He already cleans his room, what else?

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keda84
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I think cleaning or picking up his toys/ putting his dirty stuff in the laundry..
2Busy4Choas
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Making bed- Not perfect but who cares

HELPING unload dish washer- I dont let mine without me due to knives

Emptying garbage in bathrooms to large garbage in Kitchen and helping get it out

Help fold cloths

Picking up toys in Playroom

Helping me pick things in garden

Setting Table

Those are things my daughter Loves to help do for some reason hahaha she will be 6 in August.

Shaylyn318
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Dishes, we don't have a dishwasher so my DS who is is now 6 rinses and puts away some of the dishes. Puts his own clothes away, puts away towels/washcloths/dish towels and cloths, feed and water pets.

mommynac
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Making his bed, cleaning up toys, clearing his plate from the table after meals, putting his laundry in the hamper.

lanceandhailey
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Clean room, pick up toys in other parts of the house, make bed, brush teeth, take plate and cup to the kitchen after meals, put dirty clothes in hamper, take out bathroom trash, I fold their laundry but they have to put pjs, underwear, socks, pants in the right drawers....Our kids do these things.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Yesterday my 5 year old gathered all of the dirty clothes in the house and sorted them, did a couple of loads of laundry, swept the floor, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned his room, helped fold laundry and put it away, took his sheets off of his bed, and fed the animals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daiseymae2
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Mine help out with pretty much everything that needs done. They are 5 and 6.

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM

At age 5 my son is expected to pick up his toys, put his dirty clothes in the hamper, and bus his own dishes after meals and snacks.  He also has to help his sister pick up the toys that they play with in the back yard, put them in the deck box when they are done with the pool and yard toys.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
These aren't chores...these are part of being responsible for yourself.

Quoting sunflowers12:

I think cleaning or picking up his toys/ putting his dirty stuff in the laundry..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN