Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Will a teacher help setup playdates B4 school starts?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 17 Replies

I want to invite a few girls (whom we've never met) to my daughter's birthday party on the 11th.  School starts the 13th.  I have the teacher's e-mail address.  Should I ask for help, or is that something she can't or shouldn't do?

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there anyway to hold off the party until after school starts? Personally, I wouldn't ask the teacher to do this.

hollydaze1974
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
uh uh....she won't be able to do that. she may not have them yet and even if she does, it's for school use. She has alot to prepare for, I doubt she could help even she wanted to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofemy
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM

It's too late for that.  Thanks for your opinion.  I've read somewhere that you should do this to let your kids meet some of the new kids and be more comfortable for school.  I hope I get some positive replies, but maybe not...

Quoting JeremysMom:

Is there anyway to hold off the party until after school starts? Personally, I wouldn't ask the teacher to do this.

momofemy
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Thank you.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

uh uh....she won't be able to do that. she may not have them yet and even if she does, it's for school use. She has alot to prepare for, I doubt she could help even she wanted to.

MamaLori
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I wouldn't ask the teacher to do that. Either wait until after school starts to have the party or have it without the other girls

DEEANNALAMB81
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm...... I think there is some kind of law against that (hippa maybe). The parents didn't give permission for their info to be given out to random classmates/people. You could be a child molester for all they know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofemy
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM

For a kid or two, I thought she might help arrange something.  I doubted she would give names.  And my daughter is entering kindergarten.  The parents would be there.  It is in a park at a shelter by a playground.  But I think you're right that I shouldn't.

Quoting DEEANNALAMB81:

Ummm...... I think there is some kind of law against that (hippa maybe). The parents didn't give permission for their info to be given out to random classmates/people. You could be a child molester for all they know.

vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I wouldn't ask a teacher to do that...don't want to start off on wrong foot. I'd just go with the friends you got; no need to add strangers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable as the teacher calling new students' parents saying that someone wanted to invite their child to a party plus I don't have student info at home.  

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it would appropriate to ask the teacher.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)