Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Lunch-packers: What cup do you use to send your child's drink in?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM
  • 53 Replies

I want something insulated, leak-proof and sturdy. Thanks!

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Thermos Funtainers have a good cool liquid bottle...... We just do juice boxes until we can find her a juice she likes in the big bottle form.

http://www.thermos.com/products/disney-fairies-funtainer-bottle.aspx

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM
We have several thermos funtainers but they just don't hold up well enough for me. We don't use ours much and the pictures are gone, bases have fallen off, etc. I hand wash them and everything.
we use kleen kanteens when we go places but they aren't insulated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Yeah, the reviews on the Funtainers haven't been promising. I think I'm going to have to skip the insulation requirement and just not send her any coconut milk; water and juice only. 

Has anyone used the LifeFactory or NALGENE bottles?

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't send a cup.. I do juice boxes or capri-sun.. However, I do send soup very often in thermos's.. They are "Crayola" thermos's that we bought a couple of years ago.. I have sent soup and chef boyardee in them and they have never leaked.. 

SadiasMomma
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Funtainers but im not thrilled with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Oh and hubby dropped his kleen kanteen from 20 feet and it survived. We've had the same ones for 4 years now. We will be buying a new one soon because ds is getting too big for his.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
I ether use a thermos or a small water bottle I got at the container store. Dd only wants water in her lunch so the insulation to keep it extra cold isn't a huge issue. And on the few days she buys lunch she takes her water bottle with her too cause she can't drink milk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I'll keep these in mind. I haven't been able to find many kid size ones on amazon, though.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Oh and hubby dropped his kleen kanteen from 20 feet and it survived. We've had the same ones for 4 years now. We will be buying a new one soon because ds is getting too big for his.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Why cant you send coconut milk? I thought that was shelf stable until opened and i have seen little individual sizes for it.   I want to see if dd would like the horizon cows milk for her lunches as a treat.

gracie0221
by Gracie on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:48 AM
We do juice boxes or a small reusable water bottle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)