Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Workout WEDNESDAY

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:36 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

um........yeah...........not the "at the gym" kind of workout.

unless you do.

do you?

I don't.

Instead, I will work out by

-weight lifting: toys, shoes, clothes, books, etc.

-track & field: vaulting over the above items before picking them up!  Maybe using a few of them as shot-puts and javelins too!

-aquatics:  gotta take a shower

-gymanstics: walking the balance beam of working, parenting, homemaking (I keep falling off!)

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelyuna20
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I TRY to work out 4 days a week in the morning between when SO leaves for work and when the kids get up. I usually do 50 crunches, 15 squats, 10 sumo squats, and have a 5 lb. weight I lift some. Occasionaly I mix it up, especially if I'm a little sore I'll leave out some moves lol. Along with that I try to do some "lazy workouts", found it on pinterest. Its basically little exercises you can do while doing other daily tasks.

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I go to the gym for two hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I do p90x after the monsters go to bed. But may moveit to the am
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Sadly I have not worked out since May!! I really have been slacking. It hasnt helped that the weather has been so dang hot that I havent done my usual walks.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM

My work out today is laying decking.  So I'll be working all kinds of muscles as I lift boards, measure boards, cut boards, and nail boards into place.  It really is a great way to get out all of your frustrations as well.

I also have to work that brain muscle and tackle a few minor PTA issues.  I don't think I have the brain strength to take on any big tasks today as I'm mentally exhausted.

natesmom1228
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I do go to the gym actually, lol. Nathan asked me this morning if we can go when I get out of work today. Other then that I am going to do laundry, clean the bathroom, and then head to the family picnic at the nursing home.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I am currently doing the C25K program again. We did a modified version with our students this past school year then did a 5K with them in April. I am doing a 5k in Sept to support my friend's cause (spinal cord injury research).

I walk/jog 3x/week and do Yoga or another type of work out like weight/strengthening  the other 2 days. I don't work out on the weekend, that may change when I go back to work when school starts. It depends on whether I am able to walk/jog during the work day.

soymujer
by Mikki on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I did go to the gym and worked out.  I did the CATS class.  We did some cardio and strength training.

family in the van   Mom of four

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Well, my nose is doing a lot of running today- does that count?

I'll be walking through stores as I take ds1 to get his school supplies, and ds2 and dd to get the rest of theirs.

I did plenty of walking yesterday and Mon at our state fair, so I'm going to be a bit lazy today : )

janitablue
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I usually go to gym during my break from work but I have been extremely busy. I hate going to gym around 5pm .  I hope that I will be back on schedule tommorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN