Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

OT--hubby has interview-UPDATE in comments

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 12 Replies

As most of you know, my hubby got fired last week.  He applied for a relief driver at Pepsi and has an interview with them today at 12:45.  He's not sure if he wants it.  The pay is low and it is a "relief" but our friends say it's not as bad as it sounds.  He'll find out more during his interview.  Any of you know anything, please let me know!  Anyhow, please pray it goes well.

family in the van   Mom of four

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

You are in my prayers. Good luck to him!!

jen113000
by Jenna on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Hope it works out for your families best interest!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM
My husband used to work for Pepsi....we ended up suing them for a nice chunk of money. If he doesn't get the job, thank your lucky stars. Also, a relief position should pay more because they get time and a half, not VROT (variable route overtime) aka Chinese pay; they only pay you HALF for your overtime.

They do have pretty damn good health insurance though.

Your husband should look into Nestle or even Frito Lay. They pay more than Pepsi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hope it goes well for him.

janitablue
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I hope everything work out but also if he get the job and he does not like it. He can look for something else.

soymujer
by Mikki on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

We are a small town and there is no Nestle or Frito lay here in town and no where near us.

Quoting banana-bear:

My husband used to work for Pepsi....we ended up suing them for a nice chunk of money. If he doesn't get the job, thank your lucky stars. Also, a relief position should pay more because they get time and a half, not VROT (variable route overtime) aka Chinese pay; they only pay you HALF for your overtime.

Your husband should look into Nestle or even Frito Lay. They pay more than Pepsi.

banana-bear
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Bummer. Well, for any job here like that, my husband has to travel at least an hour to get to work. Maybe broaden the search area.

We live in the outskirts of Houston, TX and everything seems to be in the city or far away from us (our side of town is newer than the others).

Quoting soymujer:

We are a small town and there is no Nestle or Frito lay here in town and no where near us.

Quoting banana-bear:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM

He's looking for jobs an hour away, he'd just like a job in town.

Quoting banana-bear:

Bummer. Well, for any job here like that, my husband has to travel at least an hour to get to work. Maybe broaden the search area.

We live in the outskirts of Houston, TX and everything seems to be in the city or far away from us (our side of town is newer than the others).

Quoting soymujer:

Quoting banana-bear:

gracie0221
by Gracie on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM

good luck to him, hope it goes well!!

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Good luck, hope the interview went well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)