Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

brand new shoes?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 38 Replies

Do your kids get brand new shoes for the first day of school? Or if they have shoes that still fit that aren't worn out do they wear them?

If they can wear skorts as part of their uniforms do you also get them a pair of mary janes, twinkle toes or something else other than typical athletic shoes to dress it up?

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

my kids get brand new shoes, even if the ones they have still fit.

my kids arent in uniforms, but if they were i would get them whatever shoes they wanted (except character shoes)

ProudMommy51006
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I'm going to get my dd a new pair of shoes and would even if she had shoes that weren't wore out that she could wear. She picked twinkle toes, so that is what we are getting. I haven't seen how they fit yet (we are getting them when dh comes home on Friday), if they aren't good to run in, I will buy here another pair of more athletic shoes to wear on PE days. She is going into 1st. We bought her Mary janes last year and she only wore them a few times. She said they were too heavy (she's got little issues with the way things fit and feel).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I got DD new shoes for school because she outgrew her "old" shoes already.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I get them each a new pair of sneakers. They wear them through the school year and then the next summer and by then they are trashed. Sneakers are all my boys wear to school. My daughter has some outfits that she wears with nicer shoes. I can usually get away with using those the next school year if they still fit.

banana-bear
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

New shoes :o)

our3
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Well since all my kids have been wearing flip flops all summer and they no longer fits their tennis shoes they all need new shoes for school. As for skorts my DD's wear what ever shoes they have.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Yeah boys are so much easier

Quoting SahmTam:

I get them each a new pair of sneakers. They wear them through the school year and then the next summer and by then they are trashed. Sneakers are all my boys wear to school. My daughter has some outfits that she wears with nicer shoes. I can usually get away with using those the next school year if they still fit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GeorgetteJ
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

James gets new shoes often, but that's only because he is so rough with them that they fall apart.  Even good quality Nikes or something don't last but 4-5 months.

ambermarie2006
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM
They get a new pair every school year, they go through shoes fast anyways. We buy Vans because they hold up better tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM
My dd always gets new sneakers in the fall because she always goes up a few sizes during the summer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN