Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Back in the Day 8/10

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 31 Replies

TY Beanie Babies

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

That was after my time and my son was never interested in them.

jen113000
by Jenna on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM
No thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I remember how crazy that was, when those were out (I was working). Never collected them myself, but I did buy one for a friend when I was up in Scotland.

Some were cute, and they were $5, so no harm if you got a couple, but I felt bad for people who thought they'd get rich off them

mommy-munster
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Oh my golly I remember my friends had millions of those damn things I swear even my stupid stepson started collecting them, I hated those damn beanie babies. They were even in happy meals for a while ugh...trends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracie0221
by Gracie on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM
never collected them
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I had a few...but never psycho on them, I do have thre 9/11 dalmations, one for each of my kids in storage somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Those were around when I was an adult.  My kids play with the many that I was given by different "suitors" 

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I once sold a couple of  the earlier ones for around $500 a piece.

Quoting Tracys2:

I remember how crazy that was, when those were out (I was working). Never collected them myself, but I did buy one for a friend when I was up in Scotland.

Some were cute, and they were $5, so no harm if you got a couple, but I felt bad for people who thought they'd get rich off them

jenandpetersmom
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I still have a few. I remember looking everywhere for them. LOL Now you can find them at a garage sale for .50 cents

Tracys2
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Yes, a few people did well (congrats!) but there were a lot of people collecting for profit who didn't understand the market.

It was OK for many, if they did it for fun and enjoyed them (I knew people like that, spent $500 and had a cute collection to display), but it's not fun if they spent a lot hoping for profit and then everything lost value (I knew a couple like this in my office- fortunately, in a small way)

Quoting Roo1234:

I once sold a couple of  the earlier ones for around $500 a piece.

Quoting Tracys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)