Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Is it just me? I hate it when school starts.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM
  • 173 Replies
9 moms liked this

The morning rush that is getting the kids to school (and picking up), the homework, the special projects, the fundraisers, the lunch making, oh and let's not forget the start of soccer season all at the same time!  UGHHHH!

I am sure I missed something, there is so much more!

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM
3 moms liked this
I prefer to have him in school, versus me hanging out with him all say. We get sick of each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcbruce_80
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM
7 moms liked this

I have a love hate relationship with it. On one hand, I am so tired of my kids fighting with each other that I am looking forward to having them separated for several hours a day, and several hours for myself to take care of the house and anything else that needs to be done without hearing "Mom! Johnny's being mean to me!" the whole time. I don't so much mind the morning rush. I tend to be a morning person and I thrive on routine, so I actually kind of like that part of it. But I hate the fights over homework that I know are coming and that my oldest struggles so much with homework (he has a learning disability). Plus, yes, soccer and dance starting at the same time doesn't help with the stress. Have yours started already? Mine start on the 22nd.

kcook55
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I cant wait for school to start but at thw same time I dont want it to be here. I will be starting a new job the 20 dd starts preschool that day. I will have to walk her to preschool take a bus to drop ds off at before school care and than catch 2 buses to get to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2bell
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM
10 moms liked this
I love this time of year! Cooler weather, baking, homework. Kids are back to a routine and schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate it all... hate it hate it hate it... but atleast my DS doesnt start til sept 4th!!

mommasaint
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love seeing all of them enjoy school and their activities. I HATE the constant scheduling and trying to figure out how to make everything work. We have soccer, football, volleyball and gymnastics during the fall....it is mad chaos when DH is on shift and I'm on my own. My crockpot is the only saving grace during this very busy time of year.

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM
14 moms liked this
Doesn't bother me at all. I get most stuff ready over the weekend. Snacks, lunches and meals are all ready to go this week.

I buy snack size zip lock bags and fill them all. It goes into a box or big bowl so it is ready to go all week long. I make a big bowl of egg sald, 1 of chicken salad. I use small partable travel bowls with lids for.individual servings and get all the bread wrapped up and ready to go. Water and yogurt is frozen in the feezer so everything is just grab & go.

Dinners: I spend about 2 hours on one of my 2 days off cutting up all the veggies, fruits, or meats I will need for the week. Ziplock bags &/or reusable tupperwear are my best friends. So is my slow cooker. I have thrown in a complete frozen meal before work and come home to a fully cooked, fabulous dinner with very little effort. I use slow cooker liners so that clean up is virtually non existent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcbruce_80
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommasaint:

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love seeing all of them enjoy school and their activities. I HATE the constant scheduling and trying to figure out how to make everything work. We have soccer, football, volleyball and gymnastics during the fall....it is mad chaos when DH is on shift and I'm on my own. My crockpot is the only saving grace during this very busy time of year.

My husband usually works swing shift at least part of the year. I have TWO crock pots just for this reason! Otherwise, we would be eating way too much pizza and del taco...

Tara922c
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not looking forward to the traffic! In Texas, public school cannot start before the 4th Monday in August (without a waiver), so every single district starts on August 27th. Now I live in Houston with 4 million other people, so you can imagine how bad the traffic is on the first day of school. Last year, it took me 2 1/2 hours to drive 23 miles on the first day of school!

I had off all summer and slept until I woke up naturally. DD will sleep all day if I let her. I am not looking forward to waking up at 4:30 to get myself ready, get dd ready, take dd to school, and drive through 2 districts to get myself to school!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I don't mind the mornings (though I don't love packing lunches), but the evenings with 3 kids and 3 sets of homework (thankfully my younger ones are usually independent and were in younger grades last year- hopefully my daughter's 3rd grade work won't be too much...) while I'm trying to get dinner on the table and get ready to run out the door to whatever activity with all 3 kids in tow- the one doing the activity + the the other 2 and stuff to keep the other two entertained... I don't like school evenings! These are the times I wish DH was here during the week!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)