Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Last full week before school starts

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

Monday ~ Six Flags (we had a blast)

Tuesday ~ Finish School Shopping / Water park

Wednesday ~ Six Flags or Water park

Thursday ~ Museum

Friday ~ Movie Day (Thank the powers that be we have a Blockbuster Pass & Netflix)

Saturday ~ Going to Nana and Jaja's out of town

Sunday ~ Seeing ParaNorman

What are your last days of Summer Plans???

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM
we really do not know have any plans..
mommasaint
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Tomorrow: 2 Gymnastic practices for DD(6)

Wednesday: Kids day at the fair! Rides all day long then that evening DH and I are going to the Dierks Bentley concert

Thur: DD (6) has her first gymnastics performance at the fair and DH and I are working the concessions stands for DS's (10) wrestling club that evening.

Fri: Going to "town" (nearest shopping town 45 minutes away) to finish school shopping and "big" grocery shopping a.k.a Sam's club.

Sat: Early morning running around getting all the kids to the floats they are riding in the parade. After the parade DD has another performance at the fair.

Sun: Church then Going to my parents ranch (1 hour away) for the day, cause we always do on Sunday.

Oh and DS(10) has early morning football practice Mon-Fri as well. 

ShaeD
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Oh yeah and starting next Monday we have swim team 4 nights a week

jcbruce_80
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Well, we are dirt poor right now. We have a little end of summer camping trip that we've planned for Thursday and Friday. And Sunday is my anniversary, so we're ditching the kids with my parents Saturday night. We have absolutely no idea what we will do, and with our finances the way they are, we may just stay home, make dinner together, and watch a movie on the couch. That's okay with me though. I would rather the kids get their camping trip. In order to be able to afford the trip though, the rest of our week as to be pretty meager. So, we are sitting around the house, trying to get things organized so we can have a nice, clean start to the school year. I am looking for a job, but it's hard for me because I have a physical disability. I can't be on my feet a lot, so I need very specific employment needs, and there isn't a lot of that that's hiring right now in my area... Anyway, the kids are just helping me and hanging out with their friends. We will camp in North Fork Thursday night, and spend Friday at Crystal Hot Springs.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM
We don't have any plans
brittani
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Tomorrow going to the beach
Wed probably the park
Thurs I'm going to finish getting the school supplies I need
Then probably the beach for the rest of the week until school starts on the 22
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM
We homeschool so we can do fun things throughout the year. I think we are going to Monterrey for 4 days the week after school starts. Field trip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minimo77
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM

We dont start till after labour day, so I have awhile to do stuff! i think we will hit the beach 3 or 4 times a week, their is a fair coming, also some rock climbing classes, a couple of day trips to see some relatives, maybe camping again, not sure.

signingmama2915
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Monday, nothing
Tuesday, soccer practice
Wednesday, probably nothing
Thursday, play date and soccer practice
Friday, nothing
Saturday, nothing planned but i want to take him to air show
Sunday, nothing

We have no money and i am exhausted by doing part of dh's paper route 3 days a week. Maybe i will take him swimming...?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM

This week, not too much fun

Mon-school (I'm taking an intense grad level class)
Tues- lunch with my mom, work on class project
Wed-class, work afterward on project
Thurs - daughter's cardiologist appt, gymnastics, Pawsox game with church
Fri - class
Sat - birthday party at daughter's friend's
Sun - church

Next week is our last week.  So far, we only have Thursday planned - we have tickets for the Chinese Golden Acrobats which we love.  I think we may go to the zoo.  Thursday night we have high school orientation for my son. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)