Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

First week of second grade could have been awful, but...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just have to brag on DSD's school. They wound up with too high a teacher/student ratio, and despite the fact DSD loved her new teacher, they moved her into a new section after the first two days.

At first I was frustrated, but since I knew she was moving today, I volunteered out at the school. Winds up it couldn't have been better. She had a long term sub last year that she LOVED when her first grade teacher was out on maternity leave-- and she's her new teacher! And better yet, the principal came, sat on the floor with the kids, and told them exactly what happened. He was so sweet. The first thing he asked was if anyone was nervous (everyone but DSD raised their hands-- I think she wanted to prove to me she was brave, haha). By the end of their talk, he asked again, and no one raised their hands. What a great principal.

I love DSD's school!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Truluv4ever
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! I LOVED our principal but we got a new one this year and I haven't met her yet but I've heard she is suppose to be great, we'll see??!!

SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like they are on top of things! That is really reassuring! :-)

child_of_fire
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Good luck!! I hope y'all have as good a school year as it looks like we're going to have. :)

Quoting Truluv4ever:

That's awesome! I LOVED our principal but we got a new one this year and I haven't met her yet but I've heard she is suppose to be great, we'll see??!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM
That's awesome!
Kris_PBG
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

That is awesome!!!

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

DD went through that her first year of school in kindergarten.  Poor girl was so confused for awhile about who her teacher was and would ask if she was going back to other teachers class.   We have a good principal as well who knows pretty much every parent and student almost by face.

Lisha77
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM
That's wonderful! So glad everything worked out! Your DSD has a great principal! Have a fantastic school year!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Cruella on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM

That principal is amazing.

Good it went so smoothly.

confused0701
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM

That is awesome!  I have a feeling we might end up in that boat because our numbers are pretty high to the point all it takes is 2 more students registering for 2nd grade and they have to get a new 2nd grade teacher!  

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM

That's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)