Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Nails or makeup or nothing for 4th graders?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
  • 77 Replies
Do you let your 4th grader go to school with makeup, nail polish or nothing at all?
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I let my DD wear nail polish when she wanted. No make up was allowed until 7th grade, and then only minimally.

The boys are good without anything.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Nail polish wouldn't bother me but as a teacher and parent, I feel makeup doesn't belong in 4th grade.

motherslove82
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Nail polish and, occasionally, some very light lip gloss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

The only 4th grader I've had so far was my son, so no to all of the above. lol My daughter is going into 3rd, but I think it's safe to say I'll be the same way when she is in 4th grade- she's not allowed to wear makeup. I occasionally do her nails on weekends for special occasions and they are still done when she's at school. IDK what age I'll allow makeup for her, but it'll be awhile.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

nail polish and maybe lip gloss.  DD is going into 1st grade and we allowed her bonnie belle lip gloss on windy days so her lips did not get chapped.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I have to say no. 
I made out just fine waiting until I was older, 16 or so. I am still not into it.

I only have my niece and she's going into 1st, but no. I don't see her wearing make-up at 4th grade.

I had a girl come into our Wed. Church program and I kept trying to send her over to Youth Group. Her make up so done, that I thought she was the same age as my 12 yr old. Yet, she was only 10. So, no I don't think it belongs in elementary school. 

PandaBear1990
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Make up no way. I said not till Jr High, and then light make up. But my girls have been wearing nail polish since they were old enough to not eat it lol.

swmmra
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

nail polish, ok

makeup, no. why age your child faster then he/she needs to

TheRyan6
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM

We only let my daughter paint her toenails. I let her do brighter colors in winter (when no one will see her toes lol), but if she's wearing sandals it has to be a very light/clear shade or just the glittery/clear polish. As far as make up goes, no way. On the first day of school, I did let her wear a little clear lip gloss... behind her dad's back lol. We're a pretty conservative family, though. Most of her friends have the play make up. I'm okay with that for sleepovers occasionally, but she doesn't leave the house with it on, and she knows that it's just for dress up and play time.

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Nail Polish, and lip balm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN