Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homework? For me? Awesome!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Anyone else feel like they got homework on the first day of school too?

Neither one of my kids had homework which is great. But I saw their folders and cringed. I got everyone in bed, grabbed my pen, a hard book & their folders and plopped down on my bed to start. 45 minutes later, I've made it through the 12 pages of various forms for volunteering, religious education options, applications for free/reduced lunches, various field trips, medicines.. and the list goes on. I'm currently taking a break, because dd's folder is worse, she's got all of the above, plus a kindergarten getting to know you page that asks about siblings and personality traits and blah blah blah. Usually I don't mind it, but it seems like this year, there are sooooo many more forms. I'm sleepy tonite damnit!! Lol

Did I mention the 2 fundraiser booklets that got sent home with each kid?

1 day in with 2 kiddos, how am I ever going to survive when I have 3 in school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wissotamum
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

We got our kindergarten and other forms 3 weeks ago.  We start school next week.  The first day is orientation:  we hand in the forms, drop off the supplies, the kids meet their teachers and get their seat assignments, a quick orientation, and picture day.  The forms took awhile. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

All of those first day/week forms are completely insane.  I always dread how much paperwork that I have on the first day of school.  I spent a good hour last night filling out stuff and I only did the essentials for both of my boys.  I'll get to the rest later on in the week or over the weekend.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Don't be surprised if you are given more forms to fill out during the first week of school.  It is a very common misconception that kindergarten parents have, they think that their registration packet/forms is all that they'll have to fill out.  Boy do they get a big surprise on the first day of school.

Quoting wissotamum:

We got our kindergarten and other forms 3 weeks ago.  We start school next week.  The first day is orientation:  we hand in the forms, drop off the supplies, the kids meet their teachers and get their seat assignments, a quick orientation, and picture day.  The forms took awhile. 

SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

LOL  I just made a post about this a few weeks back. I LOVE filling out all of those first day of school forms. I have a fettish. I know, I'm not right in the head, I'm ok with that. I was actually glad when all 3 of mine were school-aged. And I have kids with allergies, so I get extra forms! lol

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM
They give all forms out at registration for both of my kids. The only thing extra was from my sons teacher and it was a 5 question sheet about us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wissotamum
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

LOL.  I'm sure there will be more forms - its the way of the world.  We haven't gotten any information on infinite campus, fundraisers, or volunteering yet. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Don't be surprised if you are given more forms to fill out during the first week of school.  It is a very common misconception that kindergarten parents have, they think that their registration packet/forms is all that they'll have to fill out.  Boy do they get a big surprise on the first day of school.

Quoting wissotamum:

acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

This will be my first yr homeschooling. I am sooooo glad I won't have a gillion sheets of paperwork to fill out anymore.

MybabyKisses
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM
LOL..yep! I still have more I need to fill out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I usually don't mind it either, I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but I don't hate it. But I'm exhausted, lol. I'm used to only having to get ds ready & being the typical male that he is, it takes him no more than 20 minutes from wake to bus (that's breakfast, teeth brushed, dressed, peace out) but dd complicates things, she's very girly. So, I'm doing hair, making sure the outfits perfect (picked out the night before, but has to be put together just right... and lord help us if the shoes she decided to wear the night before magically don't match her outfit... as we found out thismorning) packing lunches (she's too picky for school food & the lunches she wants would be gross if done the night before) then I need to make sure she's got her bus ID sticker somewhere visible that's not "ruining" her carefully picked outfit. I was up at 5:45 thismorning and that gave us a perfect amt of time for her to be on the bus at 7:15. I am not a person who likes 5:45am. Lol

Quoting SahmTam:

LOL  I just made a post about this a few weeks back. I LOVE filling out all of those first day of school forms. I have a fettish. I know, I'm not right in the head, I'm ok with that. I was actually glad when all 3 of mine were school-aged. And I have kids with allergies, so I get extra forms! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM
We got it today. I was ready for it yesterday. I'm sick of writing my address and phone number. Hopefully I'm through most of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)