Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

At what age do you tell your kids....

The truth about

Santa

Easter Bunny

Tooth Fairy...

A post got me thinking. My son 7 and I want him to keep that innocence a bit longer...He asked about santa...and I told him that I wouldnt be able to afford all the presents under the tree..

Now before you get on my case for my lying...My son knows about the fact we are at war. that I have lost friends that I wrote to. So am I wrong for wanting him to remain a kid about some stuff??

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:17 AM
My son is 8 and still believes. I will never tell him, he will naturally stop believing at a certain age and that will be fine. I think kids need to believe in magic, they spend so little time just being kids that it should be as fun and worry free as possible.
I also don't think of it as lying and its not going to damage children. My mother did it for me and I'm happy she did Looking back, holidays are some of my best memories not because of the gifts because of the excitement and magic that came from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

My policy is "if you don't believe, then you don't receive".  I'm pretty sure that they will be believing until they leave my house.  lol

aarensmommy
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:49 AM

i am going to let my kids figure it out, my parents never told me they werent real i just learned it myself, now when ds1 figures it out i am going to tell him not to tell DS2 n DD. i think it is fun to watch them get excited when santa or the tooth fairy comes!

NoahsCoolMama
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM

My son is 7 and will be 8 next month. He still believes in all of them including Santa Claus. We are trying to keep the dream alive as long as possible.

CrazedMomof2
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
My kids have always known they are not real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Kney-
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
My 6 yr old still believes and gonna till he finds out otherwise but im not gonna tell him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I've never told my kids, they came to me when they no longer believed and told me so.  At that point, there is no reason in denying it.  Why would you want to tell him the truth now if he still believes?

Same.

kaylasmom22
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

My 5 year old knows about Santa(she knows he is not real) Haven't talk to her about Easter Bunny or Tooth fairy.

natesmom1228
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM

My son is 11 and knows the truth about all of it. I don't think you are wrong at all. I was just very honest with my son when he asked me.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My son's 11 and still believes in Santa and I love it.  We've never actively told them about Santa, or the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.  Others have and we just let it go.  Yes there are stockings at Christmas.  Yes there is a dollar under their pillow for their teeth.  But we dont say one way or another.  They'll figure it out but for now...I love the innocence and the ability to believe in something so whole heartedlly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN