Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I just posted in advice for moms but need help

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 14 Replies
My son who is 6 has been getting erections more frequently lately and I learned that it has to do with him needing to pee. My son is in 1st grade, how awful for this to happen while he is in school. What do teachers do if an erection is noticeable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
minimo77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I dont think a teacher would say anything? Not much a teacher could do about it. Maybe if he was wearing jogging/sweat pants it could be noticable, but not likly with jeans. I have no idea, ds hasnt had that issue, good luck though!

Brenda341son
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Gee thanks,, these things seem to always test me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

This happens to all boys, no matter their age and isn't something that you need to be overly worried about.  I would make sure that your son knows what he is supposed to do when he needs to use the restroom at school and leave it at that.

Now if the erections were from him playing with himself, that would be a whole different conversation.

Brenda341son
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM
He is too young for playing with himself ,he is only 6
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate to burst your bubble, but boys begin playing with themselves as babies.  And they continue doing it because it feels good.  Eventually they need to learn that it is something that they need to do in the privacy of their bedroom/bathroom.  Although that conversation usually doesn't need to happen until they are in school.

Quoting Brenda341son:

Brenda341son
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM
I never expected him to be playing with himself in a sexual way at 6 years old .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I don't think it's sexual. My son sometimes has one when he wakes up in the morning. (He is 5.) Boys get them in their sleep, too.

As for school, I have taught elementary for over 20 years now, 2nd and 3rd grades, and I can honestly say that in all these years, I have never noticed if even one boy had an erection! It would never even enter my mind, not to mention that it would be difficult to detect unless you were actually looking for it. Now, as for some of these perverted male teachers that come up in the news for molestation, I can't speak for them. But, no, most people wouldn't know one way or the other.

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Yep, I totally and completely agree. My son usually has one in the morning before he pees and has since he was little. I have never noticed a young boy who had an erection (when dressed during the day), probably because who would look for such a thing and how often do young boys wear tight pants? I have also seen little baby boys as little as infants playing with themselves (with a blissed out expression on their faces) because it feels good. They aren't thinking of sex, just what feels good. I haven't seen it often but a couple of times.

Quoting Kathy489:

I don't think it's sexual. My son sometimes has one when he wakes up in the morning. (He is 5.) Boys get them in their sleep, too.

As for school, I have taught elementary for over 20 years now, 2nd and 3rd grades, and I can honestly say that in all these years, I have never noticed if even one boy had an erection! It would never even enter my mind, not to mention that it would be difficult to detect unless you were actually looking for it. Now, as for some of these perverted male teachers that come up in the news for molestation, I can't speak for them. But, no, most people wouldn't know one way or the other.

Kim  

aetrom
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Totally agree. And it is not sexual. ;)

Quoting steelcrazy:

I hate to burst your bubble, but boys begin playing with themselves as babies.  And they continue doing it because it feels good.  Eventually they need to learn that it is something that they need to do in the privacy of their bedroom/bathroom.  Although that conversation usually doesn't need to happen until they are in school.

Quoting Brenda341son:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM

well it's not sexual. it just feels good and that's all he knows. you're sure he's not doing this?? i've never noticed any of my boys getting an erection before having to pee. 

anyway, i doubt it's noticeable through jeans and i would find shirts that cover this if it is possibly noticeable, like it he has really thin jeans on. 

i can't imagine the teacher doing anything honestly. maybe secretly excusing him to the bathroom, but if she does anything it would just draw attention. i also cant imagine anyone else noticing it....and i have several boys and lots of nephews, so i'm pretty confident in my assessment that it is only noticeable to you or dh b/c you are aware of it. 

Quoting Brenda341son:

I never expected him to be playing with himself in a sexual way at 6 years old .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)