Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I was just wondering if any of your schools charge you as well if your child makes a visit. Luckily, our insurance will pay any of the cost BUT I know some people don't have the same insurance. I think a basic "kid gets hurt and needs to be treated aka ice and such" is about $220. I just don't get it. When did we start charging for nurse visits in public school? My kids are on strick rules to NOT go if at all possible!

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
kblpooh
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! I have never heard of such a thing! That is ridiculous! Where do you live?Is it a public or private school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JandBmom08
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, I know. It is happening throughout all of the Round Rock (Texas) districts. It is insane!

pochaccotx
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of that and my mom is a school nurse in tx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow! That is just insane. I rather just get a call and pick my kid up then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shell89
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I've never heard of that. What about the kids that have to do on a daily basis to get medication, check blood sugar if diabetic, etc. ?
Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I have never heard of such.  Our kids are not charged for the school nurse. That is crazy!

Schleetle
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Wth? Never heard of that... The nurse never does anything, but call me whenever they had to go see her anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatonemomof2
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:51 PM
What..no my ds was just in the nurses office too..that's pure craziness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I have never heard of such a thing.  That is just crazy!

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM

OMG! No way! Not all of our schools have a full time nurse though and maybe thats how they fund one. We do have a clinic bus that goes to the different schools on different days. It's funded by various organizations including a local hospital and the Ronald McDonald house. Your child can be seen if needed when he is at school or you can take him/her to wherever it is if you need to. If you have insurance they will bill the insurance but if you don't then its free. I am not completely clear about copays but I think those are covered by grants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)