Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
  • 90 Replies
Do your kids give you a hug and a "love you" before they get on the school bus or head into the school?

I always make sure each of mine do. Dd's only 6 so she's still ok with it, ds who is 8 is much more hesitant but still does to appease me. Dh day's I'm being mean and embarrassing him by making sure he does. I disagree, I'm not making a big spectacle or anything just a "hey Owen come here!" *hugs* "love ya, have a good day." I guess I just feel like you never know what's going to happen between then and the end of the school day & I want them to always know that they're loved. I would hope that even when he's 16, he'll still let me give him that tiny bit of affection every day.

Opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WardosWifey
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Yes, both of mine do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:55 AM
How old are they? This has really only become an embarrassment issue this year (since day turned 8)

Quoting WardosWifey:

Yes, both of mine do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Yep. But they are 4.5 & 6.

Even my nephews still hug and say I love you to my bro and sil. They are 16, 13, 11 & 8
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplePieguy
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM

My 6, 11 & 12 yr old, yes. My 16 & 14 yr olds, no. With them I get "eh" or "ok" as they get out of the van.

indymom72
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM

If he's embarrassed I wouldn't press the issue.  But as a momma myself I understand how you feel. :)

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I don't force them to, but they all do of their own accord. In fact, sometimes I get distracted and they make sure we do. They are 13, 8, & 6 year old boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
she sure does but she is 5 and a mommys girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
DD (7) will but DS is 12 so all I get is an "I love you" and I'm fine with that. He doesn't even want us to go to the bus stop with him so I have to respect his wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmeredith
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM

My girls give me hugs and kisses before school (oldest in K) but when they get bigger I'll do it before the bus gets here orbefore we leave the house. I don't want to embarrase them but I do want them to know that I love them.

ermka
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I really don't think it's as embarrassing to him as my dh thinks it is. He always just gives me a "look" and a sigh, but still gives me one. I guess when he's a little older it won't bug me as much if he throws his internal fit, lol. That and I probably won't be at the bus stop with him either (it's on the corner right across the street & I'm already catching flack because he wants to go out by himself, lol) but he's only 8 & only in 2nd grade. He's still little to me :(

Quoting indymom72:

If he's embarrassed I wouldn't press the issue.  But as a momma myself I understand how you feel. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)