Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

"I am mean mom", Why do mom said that?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

Every time I see that comment I get baffled especially when a mom is doing the right thing for their child.

I am mean mom because you give your  young child chores. You said no because money does not grow on tree  and you know when your child gets the toy they are going to forget it. . As mom you discipline your children.

Mom who think they are mean  or children say you are mean give yourself a pat on your back . You are teaching your child be independent well rounded respectable adults.

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they are being sarcastic

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I think they're kidding...saying their mean from the kids' point of view, not their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm just being sarcastic when I say it. Or beating my kids to saying it- I'll tell them "no" to something, then before they can open their mouth to say it, I'll add, "I know, I'm a mean Mommy." That really gets them huffy!

becauseIsaid
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this
When my kids tell me I am a mean mom I say "good, then I am doing my job!" Lol. They just look at me with a smirky grin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Yeppers with all the others. Lol
MammaPaparazza
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this
My psychologist said that any mom who says she is a perfect mom is one that you need to watch!
But he laid it out for me like this..
A test...
1) do you have shelter for your child?
2) do you have food and water for your child?
3) do you offer safety and security for your child?
4) do you clothe your child?
5) do you love your child?

If you answered yes to all these questions you are a great parent, regardless if you yell at your kids or punish them.
We are working on my yelling. My mom was a screamer and I've followed suit.
Hes giving me coping skills, but he said being a mean parent isn't a bad thing...its the ones who want to be bff's with lil johnny n suzie is who is concerned about.

That said...im.a piss poor
mom :(
Wait....i mean im a great mom, but I felt piss poor for all the screaming...he said, "how did I know you would say that?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rollinhard07
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I say I am a mean mom because I get annoyed with my 9 yr old dd

mbenit4
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I am being sarcastic. Other moms think I am mean not my kids. They know no different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:47 PM

good

I agree.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Eh, I could care less what others think about my parenting skills. I know in my heart I am doing what is best for my child. And I know that by being a stay at home mom a majority of the time, I am making memories that will last my child a lifetime when I am gone. I don't ever want them to look back on their childhood and remember me for only paying the bills and never having TIME for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)