Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

S/O What do you make for a Bake Sale?

Posted by   + Show Post

So show/tell me some of the great goodies you have made/seen for a Bake Sale!!

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
kelliewhitney
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM

We usually make cellophane-wrapped cake pops. I only make about a dozen of them, as they are very labor intensive (even with a babycake maker...the decorations can be tricky). I also bring in a pan of brownies. Those are easy and sell quickly.

The cake pops, especially if I make them really cute (read: complicated) sell for a LOT more than the brownies. I figure that's a good balance.

I work in the evenings and on weekends, and tend to my littlest one while the kids are in school, as well as volunteer a ton at church, so I don't have a lot of time to make tricky stuff. I wish I did!

When I was a 100% SAHM, I would spend HOURS on bake sale stuff.  It was fun. I really appreciate the SAHMs who do this, especially if they have younger kids at home to tend to. I've done the SAHM thing and the working mom (tag-teamoing with DH) thing, and being a SAHM was WAY harder!

Now that I work PT (DH is with the kids while I am working), plus take care of all of their activities when I am not at work, plus handle all of the chores and 90% of the homework, I just can't find the time to spend hours and hours on a bake sale:) So, a few really high-end items and a pan of brownies seems a great balance.

BTW, even though I try to be environmentally conscious, I NEVER bring anything but disposable/recycleable containers to a bake sale. I have run them before, and getting the pans back to parents is a logistical nightmare.

MB13
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I agree, I was going to reply that I make brownies, and then I felt inferior because of all of the cutesy ideas.

Quoting mbenit4:

I would make brownies or cookies. I am not doing all of that.

sunflowers12
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Cup cakes are great and cookies are always a good seller..
LizMomTo4Girls
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM

These are what I've made in the past years....

Those are homemade twix. I make a bunch of different things. The toffee popcorn sells good too and seems pretty cheap to make.

Liz
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 

Momma to:
a 19 yr old 
a 9 yr old 
4 yr old TWINS
and a almost 1 yr old

idareyou
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I have my bake sale list, and will choose a couple of things off it each time I need to donate. Brownies (plain, frosted, Turtle, rocky road, etc), lemon poppyseed coffeecake or bread, a variety of muffins. I also tend to label anything I make with the basic ingredients (like my rocky road brownies - I'll put on the label that they have peanuts, even though you can see them) or if they're low sugar, low fat, etc, because I know a lot of people in my area who come to the bake sales look for stuff like that for health reasons. The older people are more likely to buy if they know something is low sugar or whatever their needs are!

soymujer
by Mikki on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I have never baked for a bake sale but I'd probably make scotcherroos or cookies.

family in the van   Mom of four

juless
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I made these last year for ds bake sale, it was the week before halloween

They were so much fun to make, but a lot of work

krystlbear_84
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Monster Cookies.....the kids in my son class love them. I'm actually making some now.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I like to do cookies. I like to make a variety like choco chip, chocolate cookies usually with white choco. chips, and sugar cookies with colored sprinkles. I put 3-4 together in a pack with the different colors. Last year I laid them out on clear plastic wrap and wrapped them so that there was seran wrap between them so they didn't stick together and then I found colored seran wrapped and wrapped the bunch and tied them with 2 different colored ribbons and curled the ends. I had a lot going on and had just had surgery so I did place and bake cookies. LOL It was easy and fairly quick.

chris13
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM

those homemade twix look yummy. could you share the recipoe?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)