Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What was the last thing that you read to your child?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 66 Replies

We just got back from a Civil War battle reenactment. My son bought a ink and quill set and it had a replica of The Gettysburg Address in it. He couldn't wait to get home to read it, so I sat in the car and read it to him before we left. Very interesting. It's been years since I have read it. 

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Naked mole rat gets dressed LOL  and 10 caterpillars as well.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

My kids all read on their own now, so I don't read to them nearly as much. I think the last thing I read to them was "Because of Winn Dixie". Their school did a One Book, One School project last spring where each family was given a copy of the book and then each grade level had projects based on it. I read them a chapter a night for that since it just wasn't going to work to try to have all 3 share the book and read it individually.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I haven't read to my boys in years. They prefer to read themselves now. Although my 8 year old read the Gettysburg Address to me this summer when we were in Gettysburg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM
My son; The nutritional info and ingredients list on a box of ... I forget what, but we decided it was healthy enuf to buy.
DD1; a Thomas DVD case.
The baby; nutritional info & ingredient list on organic green puffs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Usually DD reads to me lol 

MammaPaparazza
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
The riot act ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Tammy on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

The riot act ...

ROFL- I had forgotten about that- I'm sure that's the most recent here as well. ;-)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

MammaPaparazza
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Lol..i read it to them numerous times daily, I'm the perfect mom lol

Quoting SahmTam:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

The riot act ...

ROFL- I had forgotten about that- I'm sure that's the most recent here as well. ;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eviesmommy
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:59 PM
We started reading the Hobbit to our girls last night at bed time. We'll pick it back up and read a little more tonight. My 6 year old seems to be enjoying it so far. Of course, she was sold when I told her there was a dragon in it. The baby, well, she's a baby. I'm doing good to get her to sit for picture books, LOL. (Not that I expect it.) But she played happily on sister's bedroom floor while we read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdandchicks
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I still read to mine and they are 11. Sure I don't have to but they still like it and it's a good way to spend time together.

I read wild magic to them last week. Good book for fantasy/animal lovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)